Raincoats can keep your puppy dry even in a downpour while still looking fashionable. As pet parents, we know sometimes dogs love to go out in rainy weather while at other times they do not want to step out if it is drizzling outside.
For canines that love to remind you of their daily walks, it can be challenging when the weather is cloudy, especially if your dog is not trained to use the bathroom.
Facing a similar problem? We’ve got it covered. Dog raincoats are our answer and a smart solution to this problem. They can keep your pet dry without blocking their vision and movement. These are also available in different colors and materials to suit the different breeds and sizes.
With so many choices out there, it can be hard to select the right one. Therefore, to leave out the guesswork, our researchers have consulted many pet experts to bring you this list of the 10 best dog raincoats. These have been chosen based on size, durability, color, usage, and material.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Best Dog Raincoats in 2021 – Reviews
- 1.1 1. Our Top Pick – HDE Dog Raincoat
- 1.2 2. Runner Up – NACOCO Large Dog Raincoat
- 1.3 3. Best Budget – Ethical Pet Raincoat
- 1.4 4. Best Raincoat for Small Dogs – Gooby
- 1.5 5. Best Raincoat for Large Dogs – RC Pet Products
- 1.6 6. Best Lightweight Dog Raincoats – Yellow Dog Wear Yellow
- 1.7 7. Best Cold Weather Raincoats for Dogs – Kuoser
- 1.8 8. Best Dog Coat for Heavy Rain – Hurtta Pet Collection
- 1.9 9. Best Waterproof Dogs Raincoat – Best Pet Supplies
- 1.10 10. Best Adjustable Dog Raincoat – HAPEE Poncho Jacket
- 2 Why Should You Choose a Dog Raincoat?
- 3 Who Should Look for a Dog Raincoat?
- 4 How to Introduce Your Dog with the Raincoat?
- 5 Common Used Materials for Dog Raincoats
- 6 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Dog Raincoat
- 7 Benefits of Dog Raincoat
- 8 Important Safety Tips
- 9 Final Thoughts
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions
Best Dog Raincoats in 2021 – Reviews
1. Our Top Pick – HDE Dog Raincoat
High water resistant and excellent quality product designed for your pets to enjoy outdoor fun during sunny or rainy seasons.
The HDE is the best raincoat for dogs that is made from authentic polyester materials with a water-repellent coating to provide sustenance from harsh weather. It comes with different colors that are certainly very comfortable to use, ideal for your dogs to stroll around even on rainy days.
Each colorful water-resistant raincoat features a reflective high visibility safety strip to be obviously visible against their background environment. Kindly check the width measurements in sizes guide prior to purchase to find your pet a perfect fit.
It is designed with sizes available in small fits 12.5 inches in length, medium fits 15.5 inches in length, large fits 22.5 inches, and X-large fits 25.5 inches in length. The length measurements lay hold from the base of the hood to the longest point on the coat, perfect to keep them dry, no matter how hard the rain is outside.
This model also comes with a built-in head covering to keep the head of your dogs dry with comfort. If your pooch inclined toward a hood-free raincoat, just roll the hood back and instantaneously lean over backward. This attributes an adjustable velcro belly trap to itself for a firm hold and to ensure a more secure fit on any occasion.
This is fully adjustable depending on the variety and size of your pet. These dog slickers integrate leash access making your dog pleasant to walk with. The reinforced eyelet offers increased strength and durability by reducing the chances of the raincoat being ripped away from the lease.
This convenient lightweight raincoat is packable and can be easily folded for storage purposes. The slickers are absolutely adorable making it fashionably fit for your pets. Surely, your dogs will have the comfort that they need despite how hard it’s raining outside.
Your pets can do their business without fuss, this guarantees a quality performing package and serves its function amazingly.
- Reflective safety strip
- Versatile and adjustable
- Comes with different colors and sizes
- Built-in hoodie for head protection
2. Runner Up – NACOCO Large Dog Raincoat
A fashionable and durable raincoat that ensures your pet’s protection in a stylistic way, with less time and effort to wear.
NACOCO Raincoat was specially chosen as Our Runner Up known from its eye-catching designs. This is made of professional outdoor stuff that is high in quality and perfectly best suited for your dogs at all sizes. It is infused with high resistant water materials to keep your dog warm and dry no matter how heavy the rain is.
This slicker is very comfortable thanks to the highly breathable materials that are preferable for your dog safety and comfort from weather elements. Aside from its durability and strength, this offers a comprehensive cover for your dogs. It comes with an elastic leg strap for security purposes and adjustable belly strap for comfort and ease fitting.
It is always important to get the measurement of your dog to purchase the right fit. This model comes into seven available colors. Sizes available from medium to XXXL, kindly check the sizes chart to identify which size your dog fits in. With added convenience, it features the whole behind the neck to connect the leash and the collar, making it secure while you go on a walk with your pet.
It can be easily removed and you can put it in the ventilated place or can wipe it using a towel or any of its kind. It can also be folded for easy storage. This is designed with the reflective strip to significantly raise awareness to ensure your pet is visible at night or in the dark.
This dog slicker is designed with a hood that is functional for your pet can cover the ears but can still be seen. The material is soft and flexible and does a great job until the rain is over. Great value indeed!
- Designed with reflective strip
- Water-proof materials
- Durable and quick to wear
- Colors may vary in differences in display
- Professional outdoor material
3. Best Budget – Ethical Pet Raincoat
Practical and multi-functional slicker made from breathable fabrics with fully adjustable Velcro and straps for a cool and comfy fitting
Ethical Raincoat is the best budget item without sacrificing its unique quality. This quite reasonable model features a high-spirited yellow color with a smart casual full-coverage hood. Created from 100% polyester to achieve the comfortable and fashionable needs of your pets.
It is made of water-proof materials that protect your pets and keep them warm on all inclement weather. It’s designed with leash holes to connect into the coat making it secure during walks. If your dogs want to play fetch under the rain and you allow them to enjoy the atmosphere outdoors, this is an ideal product for them.
With all its benefits and optimal functionality, this model definitely offers a worry-free guarantee for satisfaction at a very reasonable price. For added convenience, velcro fastenings are placed on both belly and chest latches. This poncho comprises lightweight fabric that makes it easy to put on and take off the coat for convenient use.
Also, it is washable, you can put it into the ventilated area to dry and easy storage. Be mindful to put it in the place where it is visible, so you can use it for the next rainy season. It features a distinctly visible bright yellow hue with reflective stripes, making your pet be seen in the evening or at night while outdoors during heavy rain.
This bright yellow color and reflective stripes could often be found at the back and hood to give a proper range of visibility. It should be highly advisable to give the right measurement of your dog before purchasing the product. Kindly check out the size chart for the proper fitting.
- Made of lightweight fabrics
- Adjustable velcro and strap
- Waterproof and easy to wash
- Can be stored easily
- Leash-hole on back
4. Best Raincoat for Small Dogs – Gooby
Gobby is the best raincoat for small dogs known for its water-repellent nylon covered with a padded warm lining that is ideal for your pets while walking under the rain. This is one thing that your dog will surely like because it is very easy to put it on, in just a couple of seconds. Its zipper is placed at the back. For that reason, you can prevent your dog’s fur/skin from getting accidentally zipped.
This dog slicker is both practical and multi-functional because of its condition to keep your dog warm and preferably suited to protect your pets from all inclement weather. The neck part of this jacket is designed with a lower cut to give something an inlet for your dog’s leash and collar. You can also use the two metal fastenings that are placed along the slicker’s back.
This dog coat is designed with a cut that allows your dog to defecate in an easy way without having the mess issue. It is washable and you can dry this dog vest easily. And for sure, your dog is going to love this for all its reasons. No need to worry, your dog can pee on it, it is easy to dry.
This dog sweater comes with different sizes, and it is advised to get the right measurement of your dog prior to purchase. You can use a tape measure. Just start measuring the neck and around the widest part of your dog’s chest behind her front legs for taking the right measure of the chest. Then down the back starting from your pet’s collar to the base of its tail for quantifying the length.
- The largest size fits dog around 32 lbs
- Keeps your dog dry and warm
- Lightweight and comfy protects dogs from snow
- Leash-hole at the back
- Reflective strip, easy storage
5. Best Raincoat for Large Dogs – RC Pet Products
Rc is the best raincoat for large dogs that is manufactured from its lightweight materials, making it convenient to use. It is made of water-proof taffeta shell fabric that is smooth, plain woven silk as well as polyester to bring your pet the best comfort that they need.
This dog coat is very compact and features good quality. It comes with adjustable velcro straps that hold firmly in both chest and belly areas. There is a flap that covers the hole in the back for a leash to attach, ideally made for a collar. It is made with a brightly-colored water-resistant to remain relatively resisting this product to ingress of water or any fuel alike.
This product is likely a touch of love that we can offer to our pets. We have to give them the best protection that they need, especially during the rainy season. We don’t want our dogs to get cold. As pet owners, we should have to look for safety and to give them the best rain wardrobe. This slicker is ideal for long-haired breeds that usually don’t demand added warmth.
For additional convenience, this features easy storage. It is also available in different sizes. Prior to purchase, make sure that you get your pet the right measurement to buy the perfect fit.
- Wit leash access hole
- Suitable for long-haired breeds
- Includes storm flap cover
- The adjustable velcro waistband
- Available in 7 sizes
6. Best Lightweight Dog Raincoats – Yellow Dog Wear Yellow
Ellie Dog Wear Yellow is the best lightweight raincoat for dogs made of functional design. It comes with great features making this coat perfectly used in all weather conditions. Notwithstanding its ergonomic design and extractable hood, this has a built-in short front sleeve that partly covers your dog’s feet. This product is also ideal to give better protection from any elements.
These slickers feature double-layered zip-up with extra buttons that are very stylish and adjustable to use. It is water-proof to keep water out sufficiently for practical purposes, making this fit in all inclement weather. As this product’s name suggests, it comes with multiple pockets for easy storage of its small parts and a slit for easy leash extension.
If your pet is inclined to a hood-free raincoat, it can easily be removed. After all, let us be fair with our pets, we are giving them the best option that we had for their security and comfort. As far as the function is concerned, this model works great to safeguard the belly of your dog while enjoying the walk in the rain. Guaranteed quality for your dogs.
- Double layered zip-up feature
- Multiple pocket design
- Adjustable fit to any dog breeds
- Reflective button
- Easy storage
7. Best Cold Weather Raincoats for Dogs – Kuoser
Kosier is the cold weather dog raincoat that is made of polyester fiber. It features soft and comfortable wear ability that is designed to leave a vibrant feeling for your pet. Its outer layer consists of water-resistant that can help to resist the penetration of water to some degree, making it convenient to use during rainy days.
Prior to purchase, kindly take the right measurements of your pet so you could get the perfect fit.
It is designed with easy hook and loop closure that presses the two pieces to fasten and bind temporarily. Making it easy to get on and off, for added convenience. There is a notch that attaches the leash through to its harness for additional protection.
This cute jacket is very comfortable and features reversible with fleecy plaid fabric, that surely your dog will love. The velcro is tough with a handy opening for a harness to hold firmly.
- Durable, water repellent, fine in detail, lightweight, and wind-proof
- Soft and warm Inner Layer
- Adjustable velcro for easily put on and take off
- Beautiful stitching
- Available 6 colors and 7 sizes
8. Best Dog Coat for Heavy Rain – Hurtta Pet Collection
Hurtta dog raincoat is the best for heavy rain that is made of high-quality construction materials and a comfortable fit, making it convenient for your dog dry in downpour especially the heavy one. Ideal to a snug fit that keeps your dog warm and dry.
Applicable to any dog breeds, it features a convertible belt with a high protective collar and a sealable gap for harness on sizes 12 and 35 inches. It comes with 3M high reflective strips to easily visible even during the dark. This slicker predominates optimum functionality against all inclement weathers.
for additional convenience, the buckle attachment is placed on the back, making it easy for your pet to get on and off and no legs need to be lifted. It is made from premium quality water-proof that is lightweight.
The outer part is coated with hurtta’s houndtex that is designed weatherproof and its inner lining includes breathable mesh to reduce the risk of discomfort. This will help maintain the air access to keep your dog relaxed and feel the coziness that they need.
- Perfect for long and short-haired dogs
- Features adjustable belt
- With buckle attachment at the back
- Quick and easy storage
- Convenient for your pets
9. Best Waterproof Dogs Raincoat – Best Pet Supplies
Voyager is the best waterproof dog raincoat that is very flexible with an ultra-smooth finish feature to keep your dog comfortable. It is very lightweight and designed with both style and practicality, surely your pooch is going to love this product. It is made of polyester construction materials to sustain its optimum functionality.
With its highly visible yellow reflective strip, you will never lose sight of your pet in the dark as it captures your attention quickly. This strongly protects your pet during rainy and windy days without compromising proper circulation and ventilation.
Its velcro straps can be easily fitted and adjusted to your pet’s chest and belly areas that will provide added comfort and security. If your exuberant pet loves to go around messing your home and outside premises, worry not because it guards your pet against other elements and saves you time doing the cleaning. Prior to making a purchase, make sure that you know the right size and measurements for your pet.
- Waterproof polyester construction
- Protects from rainy and windy weather
- Adjustable velcro strap for comfy fit
- Leash-access opening
- Machine washable and easy storage
10. Best Adjustable Dog Raincoat – HAPEE Poncho Jacket
Happe Poncho Jacket is the best adjustable raincoat that is made of lightweight and waterproof materials that your pooch will surely love. It comes with cartoon prints and a variety of pastel colors that would perfectly blend with your pet’s coat in a stylistic manner.
With its high resistance to the water, this will provide enough protection to your pet from strong winds and rains. It can be worn in no time with less effort. It also comes with comfy belly and leg straps that are fully adjustable to keep him well fit.
One amazing feature of this poncho is its reflective strips that help you keep your pet visible wherever he goes. This somehow gives you peace of mind whenever you take your pet out for a night stroll. For maintenance and proper usage, it is best to wash it using your hands to prevent it from potential fabric damages.
However, if you are not feeling like doing it, you can always use a washing machine. Kindly check the size chart before making the purchase of this product.
- Measures: Back 15.7″-17.7″ Chest 20.5″-23.2″ Neck 13″-14.6″
- Made from professional outdoor materials
- Reflective strips ensure visibility in the dark
- Highly elastic in design
- Easy to wash and store
Why Should You Choose a Dog Raincoat?
We choose to wear raincoats because we don’t always like to get wet. There are sometimes health reasons as well like you don’t want to catch a cold. So what is the primary reason for dogs to use one?
The Real Reason behind Using a Raincoat: It certainly is not about getting wet as we know some dogs love water. So why do canines dislike the rain and how does a raincoat help?
You might be surprised to hear the reason behind this. It is the sound of the rain, not the water. Our pet friends have sharper senses as compared to us, and the same goes for sound. A dog can hear around 4 times the sound we hear.
So what is like a soft sound of raindrops for us, is like a loud stormy sound for them. This can make them uncomfortable and not wanting to go out when it is pouring. Raincoats cover this sound and thus enable your dog to go outside.
Reduced Mess after a Rainy Outing: Worried about the wet paw prints after a rainy walk? These go well with rain boots and reduce this mess, so you don’t have to clean up every time.
Who Should Look for a Dog Raincoat?
Smaller pets and certain breeds of dogs are more prone to health issues and can get cold easily. If your puppy is one of them, you’d want to make sure that he stays warms and cozy even in rainy weather.
While avoiding it altogether is an option, it is not always an available option. To shield your dog from heavy rain, a raincoat is necessary.
- To Protect your Dog from the Rain: Research shows that most of dog breeds are not okay with the rain, and it can pose a risk for potential illnesses. Therefore, if your pup shows any such signs, it is recommended to introduce a raincoat.
- Because dogs look adorable: While the dog’s comfort is the primary goal, many pet owners also like to dress their pets in colorful clothes. These also fulfill that while still remaining comfy.
- To satisfy their Bio-clock: Many pets are used to enjoying their walks and also take them as their bathroom break. This can be really troublesome if your dog is wet. So, if your dog is not trained for a bathroom, a raincoat can prove beneficial.
Another reason is that your dog needs his daily exercise, and a change in weather is not a reason to skip the walk.
How to Introduce Your Dog with the Raincoat?
Pets that are accustomed to wearing different colorful dog clothes can easily wear raincoats as well. However, this is not the case for all dogs, and some might not want to wear it no matter how comfortable the coat is.
Therefore, you should know how to introduce your dog to new clothing. The important thing is to make them like the experience because if your canine beings to hate the raincoat, it can be a problem in the rainy seasons.
You have to take it slow but be consistent. The first thing you can do is allow your pet to analyze the coat. Let your dog sniff it, and if they show signs of liking it, show your appreciation by giving a treat. Then slowly move to the stage of putting the raincoat on.
This is a crucial stage and must not be hurried. Take it slow with very small intervals of few seconds, Then extend it to minutes and eventually longer. Don’t forget to give your dog a treat.
It can take several days before your canine gets used to the new feeling of the coat surrounding his body. When you feel your dog is comfortable, you can now take him out in the rainy seasons.
Common Used Materials for Dog Raincoats
Raincoats are made to protect your dog from rainwater and getting cold. Usually, these coats have double layers, with the outer layer being waterproof and the inner layer being soft and warm.
The following materials are mostly used:
- Soft Mesh: While there are many waterproof materials out there, some of them work great in the rain but overheat in the sun. To make sure your dog feels comfortable even if it gets sunny, a softer mesh material is a great choice. It is waterproof and keeps your canine warm but also does not heat up too much.
- Wool and Absorbent Materials: The inner layer of most dog coats is made from absorbing cloth, usually wool. This layer serves two main purposes. The first is to keep your pup warm during the cold weather. Secondly, it prevents any leaking water from reaching the dog’s fur.
- Nylon: Another material used for raincoats. Nylon is soft, comfy, and lightweight. It closely wraps around the body without seeming tight and stiff. Since it is non-toxic, you don’t have to worry about leaving your pup alone with this raincoat.
- Polyester: It is also a good choice for waterproof material. Polyester raincoats are easy to find and keep your dog warm.
- Taffeta: Water-repellant taffeta is suitable for dogs who are sensitive to smell. This material is very similar to the one used in our raincoats and carries no odor. Taffeta is lightweight and, therefore, does not stifle your canine’s movements and makes a light yet durable coat.
Things to Consider Before Choosing a Dog Raincoat
Now that you know why you need a raincoat, the next step is buying one for your dog. To make the right choice for a long-term investment, you’ll need to keep in mind the following things:
Your main goal is to buy a comfy raincoat that your dog loves.
The type of raincoat you need depends on the climate of the place you live in. If it is usually cold outside, you might want to consider a thin waterproof coat with inner padding for extra warmth. These raincoats can be a little heavier, but they do an excellent job protecting your pup from the water and cold.
For warm areas, it is recommended to choose a lightweight item that protects from the water, but does not overheat due to the sun. A material like soft mesh is ideal for these purposes.
The right size can increase the usability of a raincoat. While there is no standard size, you can measure your dog according to the measurements given by the coat manufacturer.
Here the right length is the key. When measuring it, note the length from your dog’s neck to the beginning point of the tail. It shouldn’t be too long to disturb the tail.
If you are looking for belly coverage, then measure a comfortable circumference of your dog’s belly. Ideally, it should be loose enough to let your canine breathe and move freely.
There are a variety of materials, including polyester, nylon, taffeta, and mesh. The right choice depends upon the climate and the number of layers you are looking for. If you are unsure, start with a nylon raincoat. These are lightweight and keep your puppy dry.
Depending on the season, it can prove to be a long-term investment. To make sure they last longer, choose durable materials, and follow the instructions for cleaning and storing the coat.
Velcro, security straps, and button fly, dog raincoats come with a variety of closures. Choose the one that is most easy and comfortable for your dog. Usually, a Velcro with security straps provides a better grip.
Hood plays an important role. It covers your dog’s ears and must, therefore, be lightweight. Many raincoats also come with removable hoods so you can easily take them off when not needed.
Depending on your dog’s comfort, you can choose a raincoat in either a jacket or a loose coat style. The Jacket style usually has more than one layer. It offers belly coverage while the coat style may provide both features, padded and single layer.
Easy to Clean
Raincoats need to be cleaned after use, and you want to make sure that they are easily washable. Choose an easy to clean material but make sure to do so by hand.
Easy to Put on
Too many straps and buttons can make your pet feel uncomfortable. Therefore, when purchasing, select one that can be easily put on without too many closures. The easiest one is the poncho; however, it might not be the best for dogs that love to move around. You’ll need to balance between the easiness of putting the coat and the difficulty of taking it off.
Some breeds are more sensitive to colder weather and require complete coverage. If you own a puppy like that, it is recommended that you go with a full belly coverage. When buying these types of coats, it is crucial to get the belly circumference right.
If you are taking your dog out on a walk, a harness is a must. It can be really helpful if the raincoat contains a slot for leash attachment. That way, you can rest assured and freely walk your dog.
Therefore, before buying a raincoat, make sure to see it has a place for leash attachment. It may be in the form of a hole or D-ring.
Benefits of Dog Raincoat
Raincoats are very useful and sometimes an essential item for dogs. Let’s dig in some of the benefits and reasons to choose.
- Protects the ears: Hooded raincoats cover a sensitive part of your canine, the head. Dogs usually have sensitive ears, and the sound of the rain can be too noisy for them.
- Prevents fur from getting wet: Wet fur can be the cause of many diseases in sensitive pups. Wearing a raincoat can help prevent the fur from getting wet. It greatly helps during pet potty breaks and also prevents wet dog smell from spreading all over in your house.
- Improved Visibility: Many raincoats feature reflective strips that offer better visibility in the dark and cloudy weather. This makes the coat even safer for your pet.
- Keep your dog clean: Many active pups have a habit of getting dirt on themselves while walking. While that is cute, it can be a real trouble when that dirt goes in your house. However, if you are using a raincoat, you can be relaxed knowing that these coats cover most of your dog’s body and keep him clean.
Important Safety Tips
The following are some useful tips to gain maximum benefits from dog raincoats.
- Double-check Sizes: Size is extremely important, and you should double-check the measurements before finalizing your decision. If you are unsure about the size or your dog is between two sizes, choose the larger one.
- Make sure the raincoat is waterproof and not water-resistant: The terms waterproof and water-resistant mean different things. Water-resistant means that it can resist water from getting in but doesn’t completely stop it. Waterproof means the coat is impermeable, no matter how much water is poured on it. Therefore, for best results, you should choose a waterproof raincoat.
- Choose the right cut: These are available in different cuts to suit your dog’s size and shape. Ideally, the right cut will not disturb your dog in any way.
- Be selective with the material: It must be made with durable, waterproof material and one that is easy on the body. You can also choose to go with breathable material, but it is dependent on the climate.
As pet owners, we always think of the best ways to keep our pets comfortable. Sometimes, dogs are sensitive to cold, and some suffer from diseases.
Raincoats are a great addition to your dog’s life in the rainy days and cold weather. These can help keep your canine warm and protected from the rainwater. These are functional, comfy, and come in various types and sizes to suit the multiple needs of dog breeds.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a dog raincoat?
It is specially designed that your pets can wear and still walk comfortably. Available in a wide variety of materials, keep your pet dry, and a result reduces the times your dog needs to go to the bathroom.
How does a dog raincoat work?
The working mechanism is almost similar for both dog and humans. There are some differences in the design like instead of a zip, raincoats are closed by a Velcro and then secured with straps. These snuggle up to your canine’s body but don’t restrict movement.
What is the best raincoat for large dogs?
The “RC Pet Products Packable X Large” is a great option for large dogs. This larger size comes with a lightweight hood so you can cover your dog’s ears. It is designed like a poncho and does not immobilize the legs. For a worry-free walk, this coat comes with a loop to attach a harness so you can be relaxed.
How should I measure my dog for a raincoat?
There are two things you need to keep in mind while measuring. First, the length should be right, if the coat is too short, it will not keep the dog dry. And if it is too lengthy, it can bother the tail.
Second, you need to get the width right. That means the closing strap should not put any strain on your canine’s belly. For this, you can measure the length of your dog the neck to the beginning of the tail. Next, measure a comfortable circumference of the belly. While there are no standards for raincoat sizes, you can check the measurements provided by the manufacturer.
What is the best raincoat for small dogs?
The “Gooby Padded Jacket Sweater Closure” is best for small breeds and puppies. This is more like a padded jacket. It comes in various sizes and is cut to an exact size, so it doesn’t get dirty even during your pet’s potty break. For curious dogs, the sweater comes with a D-ring for leash, so they do not go wandering off.
Do dog raincoats work with harnesses?
Yes. While some don’t go with harnesses, many do. Most raincoats come with either a loop or a D-ring for attaching a leash while some just have a hole for attachment. These are also designed to remain comfortable when the harness is attached, allowing you to walk your dog in the rain with ease.
What is the best lightweight raincoat?
When it comes to weight, the best lightweight item is the “Dog Reflective Resistant Adjustable Drawstring.” This comes with double layers and pockets. You can also remove the hoodie when not required. It closes by button fly.
Is it harmful to use raincoats for dogs?
No. While raincoats are made to be of use to the dogs, they can be harmful if chosen in the wrong size. If the coat is too stiff and tight, it can make your canine feel uncomfortable. On the other hand, if it is too large, it can also hinder mobility. Therefore, to make sure your pup stays comfortable, make sure to choose the right size.
Is it safe to leave my dog alone with a raincoat on?
Yes. Good dog raincoats are designed to be comfortable and easy to put on. When your dog does not feel uncomfortable, they won’t want to aggressively take it off automatically, making it safe for you to leave your dog.
How do I keep my dog’s raincoat clean?
There are two things a dog coat must have for it to be cleaned easily. First is that it should be of the right size. A larger one will get dirty quickly.
Second, choose materials that are safe to wash. Usually, raincoats are not used as much as other dog coats, and it is okay if you clean it once every 30 days. While washing keeps the following things in mind:
- Wash it with hand to prevent any discoloration.
- Read the manufacturer’s label before washing.
- The suitable water temperature is 30°C.
- Use hypoallergenic detergent.
- Do not bleach or dry clean.