After detail interviewing with three veterinarians, two pet groomers, and justifying various best dog nail clippers and customer’s feedback, we decide Safari dog nail clippers are the best tool as pet nail clippers. Professionals recommend the safari nail trimmer is sharp, durable, and ideal for small to medium-sized dogs.
- 1 The Best Dog Nail Clipper Reviews 2018
- 1.1 1. Safari 770045 Professional Pet/Dog Nail Trimmer
- 1.2 2. Dremel 7300 Mini Mite Cordless Two-speed Rotary Tools kit
- 1.3 3. Millers Forge Large Dog Nail Clippers
- 1.4 4. Millers Forge Dog Nail Clippers
- 1.5 5. Epica Professional Pet Nail Clipper
- 1.6 6. GoPets Dog Nail Clippers for Dogs
- 1.7 7. Large Dog Nail Clippers with Sensor Handles for Grooming
- 1.8 8. Trim-Pet Professional Dog Nail Clippers with Safety Guard
- 1.9 9. Andis Pet Animal Dog Nail Clipper
- 1.10 10. Millers Forge Medium Size Dog Nail Clipper
- 1.11 When should you use dog nail clippers?
- 1.12 How to choose the best dog nail clippers?
- 1.13 How to cut your dog’s nails?
The Best Dog Nail Clipper Reviews 2018
|Dog Nail Clipper||Check Latest Price|
|Safari 770045 Professional Pet/Dog Nail Trimmer|
|Dremel 7300 Mini Mite Cordless Two-speed Rotary Tools kit|
|Millers Forge Large Dog Nail Clippers|
|Millers Forge Dog Nail Clippers|
|Epica Professional Pet Nail Clipper|
1. Safari 770045 Professional Pet/Dog Nail Trimmer
We have chosen Safari professional nail trimmer as our best pick for pet nail clipper due to some special reasons. If you think to compare a set of traditional and professional dog nail trimmers, then Safari nail trimmer will conquer the best position because it is very easy and relaxed to cut dog’s nails by this pet nail trimmer.
Safari professional stainless-steel trimmers are formulated with supreme quality stainless steel for sharp cutting edge and highest longevity. As trimming is a common part of your dog’s grooming so, you should select a sharp and durable trimmer to get your dog’s proper grooming very easily. And due to its traditional design and simplicity of use, most of the pet owners consider it is the best nail trimmer for dogs.
Most of the pet owners choose Safari Steel Nail Trimmer for its comparatively lower price and guaranteed quality. It contains locking blades and its safety stop prevents injury. There are two rubber coated handles for easy gripping and proper maintenance while trimming.
The Safari dog nail clipper is appropriate for medium to large sized dogs and you should habituate your dog to trim its nail from the beginning of life to make happy bond between both of you and your dog. It is also vital to keep the nails properly trimmed for your dog’s total well-being.
|Durable and long-lasting trimmer for accurate pet grooming||Small size is unavailable|
|Sharp stainless steel cutting edge|
|Locking blades features|
|Safety stop prevents injury|
|Rubber-coated handles for easy gripping|
2. Dremel 7300 Mini Mite Cordless Two-speed Rotary Tools kit
Basically, the small rotary toolkit is the best electronic pet grooming equipment to cut and shape your pet’s nail properly. It is safe and easy to use because there is no function to push more this mini Dremel for trimming and you don’t get the fear of breaking your pet’s nail or the tool. Actually, these rotary tools work like a dog nail file and good for pet nail trimming.
We have chosen this Dremel Mini Cordless Rotary Tool as our second pick among the best dog nail clippers because of its price range which is comparatively bit higher than other traditional, metal or plastic pet nail clippers for dogs.
Dremel 7300-N/8 4.8-volt cordless two-speed rotary tool consist with Dremel MiniMite. It is battery powered, so a charger included but there is no cord. It is lightweight and 8 inches long, 1.4 pounds weight with 2 years warranty. It has two different speeds 6500 and 13000 rpm. These dog nail clippers are well-matched with an array of other bands and Dremel sanding drums to use different purpose if you feed interest.
Most cases, some dog owners consider this heavy-duty dog nail clippers as the best dog nail clipper for its traditional style and easy using facility.
|Cordless small rotary tool ideal for finer work||Expensive than the traditional pet nail grinder|
|Includes cordless two-speed rotary tool|
|Lightweight plastic housing|
3. Millers Forge Large Dog Nail Clippers
Millers forge big dog nail clippers made for dogs which are more than 50 pounds. Usually, this size demands a lot of strength to use and for that reason, there is extra cutting power included with Millers forge dog nail clippers to make it easy.
Millers forge is a heavy duty dog nail clipper made in the Italy and builds by German stainless steel. This nail clipper is enough strong, sharp and ensures a quick and clean cut. So, it is the first choice of groomers and veterinarians.
These best dog nail clippers for thick nails are truly tough and the cheapest nail clippers at current listing. Similar with other best dog nail trimmers these are also made by same quality things but the design is more simple and less ergonomic.
Millers Forge totally concentrated about the effectiveness of this extra-large dog nail clippers which is ideal for large dog and breeds. The handle is bit stiff and you can get tired when using for a long time these dog’s toenail clippers. However, these are sturdy, durable and last you a long period of time even if you use it roughly
|Heavy duty nail clipper from German stainless steel||Bit stiff to use|
|Strong and sharp||Design is traditional and less ergonomic|
|Extra cutting power added|
|Made in Italy|
4. Millers Forge Dog Nail Clippers
Millers forge nail clipper is a heavy-duty plier-style dog nail clipper should like every groomer. It is comfortable for just about all sizes of dogs except only too large breeds. The built-in guard automatically prevents the overcutting of the nails and it also has a lock to grip the trimmers very closely for storing and further maintaining.
Designated red plastic grips provide more comfort to the millers forge and its spring-loaded cutting mechanism enhances the cutting action swiftly. Millers forge dog nail clippers tool made with quality stainless steel to stay years of use.
These millers forge clippers have a metal plate guard helps to cut the tiny bit of the nail. The metal plate swipes backward at the blades assist to stop the nail if the clipper overcomes the normal cutting position of the nail.
The thinner handles make some trouble if the grooming sessions become lengthier and sometimes it is needed to apply more strength to cut sturdy and larger counterparts. But it is ideal to cut small to medium sized dog’s nail through Miller forge nail clippers.
|Sturdy and durable plier-style nail clipper||Less comfortable due to extended grooming sessions|
|Quality stainless steel for withstanding years of use||Inappropriate for large breeds|
|Comfortable plastic grips|
|Spring-loaded cutting mechanism accelerate cutting action|
5. Epica Professional Pet Nail Clipper
Epica nail clippers are specially designed for medium to large dog breeds. It can cut easily a small dog’s delicate nails won’t be strong enough to clip, similarly the thick and strong nails of a large breed. It is reliable and easy to use this Epica dog nail clippers also more efficient than other battery-powered clippers. That is why it is just a matter of few minutes to cut your dog’s nails if you know to use the clippers safely.
These dog nail clippers tool made of high-quality stainless steel and the blades will remain sharp even you can use it year after year. These sharp blades assist you to cut the nail cleanly and faster with less effort. These heavy-duty clippers won’t bend, rust or scratch and make both of your lives happier.
The blade spacing is a vital issue for effective and proper output. Epica dog nail clippers are ideal for large dogs like German shepherds, golden retrievers, Dalmatians, great Danes and similar others and medium-sized dogs such as bulldogs, collies, sheepdogs, spaniels and like others. After using this clipper you can lock these blades in a safe position. The additional safety features save you from an unexpected accident when picking it out of the drawer and the blades also keep safe from other items are stored with.
The fifth best dog nail clippers do an outstanding job of your dog’s nail and it is very popular for its flexibility. The handle of this clipper designed to set your fingers properly. It is comfortable to hold due to coated with anti-slip rubber around it. You don’t need to apply any extra pressure to use it and the company also offers 100% money back guarantee for a little bit dissatisfaction.
|High-grade stainless steel blade for long-lasting sharpness||Not suitable for small dogs|
|Rubber coated handles for safety and secure grip|
|Ideal blade spacing for medium and large breed toenails|
|100% Lifetime Warranty|
- Go pets are quality pet nail clippers, perfect for medium and large dogs include cats.
- Ensure cleanliness every time while grooming
- Designed for smooth sharp and quick cuts
- Safe and easy to use
- Non-slip coated handles provide fast effortless cuts
- Regarding thousands of customer review, we can ensure unconditional satisfaction
- Ensure maximum safety and security with protective guard
- Comfortable grip and easy to use
- High quality, light-weight, and non-slipper rubber handles
- An ergonomic and rubber coated nail clipper ensure safe nail trimming
- Comes with a lifetime warranty and 100% money back guarantee
- A healthy, professional and comfortable nail clipper
- Stainless steel cutting blades provide ultra-sharp cutting surface
- Ergonomic handles stop hand fatigue
- Extra strong conical spring makes smooth edge of nails
- Anti-pinch telescoping spring guard defends user’s hands while cutting
- Heavy-duty Pet animal clippers, ideal for all sized dogs
- Stainless-steel blades
- Easy grip handle helps to comfortable grooming
- Spring-loaded action
- Safety stop saves from overcutting
- Professional plier-style nail clipper
- Ultra-sharp blade allow quick trimming without effort
- Comfortable non-slip handles
- Millers Forge Professional has non –slip comfortable handles
- Effort heavy-duty spring loaded action
- Orange color is available for medium size
- Measures 5-3/4 inches
This is our final listing to complete ten best dog nail clippers. To make this guide we have collected valuable opinion of several vets and groomers actually when it comes to keeping your pets nail clean and nice. We have investigated why it is important to keep your dog’s nails trimmed regularly? We learned that, though grooming is important for both of you and your dog, it is also essential to know the accurate process of grooming for your dog’s nail.
Read here about best dog clippers for professionals
When should you use dog nail clippers?
It is mandatory to snip your dog’s nail in every four to six weeks. You can realize the time to clip your dog’s nail when you can hear your dog’s nails is tapping over your room’s floor. It is healthful to keep your dog’s nail at an appropriate length.
There are two parts of the nail, the quick and the shell. Quick part delivers blood to the nail for growth and you feel to cut this part in a regular basis. In time trimming your pet’s nails diminishes the risk of injury and helps to maintain it easier in future.
How to choose the best dog nail clippers?
There are different sizes pet nail clippers are available for small, medium and large dog breeds. It would be simple to choose the appropriate size if you have a Great Dane, but what would be other breeds which are in between?
In general, a dog over 60 pounds is measured large and under 20 pounds is small, otherwise, all in between is called medium. Most of the clippers work best according to particular size – a small dog nail clipper is not suitable to cut through the thicker nails of a medium or large size dog. On the other hand, large dog nail clippers can properly execute to cut around small paws.
The medium-sized trimmer works well both for 15 pounds to 50-pound dogs but it should choose large nail clippers for the large sized-dog and small clippers for small-sized only.
How to cut your dog’s nails?
Usually, dogs are avoiding nail trimming because of feeling pain while trimming nails. Nail cutting becomes a drama if any bad feeling creates around the procedure. It is not essential to cut nails if your dog runs all day long on different surfaces. Dogs, which live in city area and do not have the scope to run or walk regularly, need to cut long toenails properly.
- First time introduce the nail clipper to your dog without cutting. Can be offer lots of delicious treats and pick up a quality clipper to get the highest efficiency. You can choose any one from above list after a deep analysis of all dog nail clipper reviews.
- Hold your dog’s foot steady but gently. Snip the nail at 45-degree angle below the quick part, cut small piece at a time. You can securely cut the nail by following the guideline.
- Keep cutting a little bit until the white section with a small dot is seen. Until you see the white part, continue cutting bit closer. Be careful not to touch at quick section. Take a regular action after every three weeks to check or trim your pet’s nail.
If you accidentally cut the quick part, it will bleed and you need to apply styptic powder, cotton swab or heat to stop the bleeding quickly. You can also use some damp washcloth at hand to clean up blood as necessary.
If you use electric nail clippers or nail grinders then the method will be same as previous- hold your dog’s paws, switch on the grinder and snip a little bit of nail part at a time.