The dog owners face numerous obstacles while nurturing the dog. The major challenge is to deal with the dog smell. Due to it, your house seems like a kennel. Sometimes, it is too frustrating for homeowners. Even you also feel embarrassed when the guest visits your home.
Although you love your dog, yet you cannot ignore this issue. To get rid of this problem, you should look for its solutions. When you explore, then you will get several ways to eliminate the dog smell from your home. In addition to it, these ways are fruitful and require a small effort.
The below-mentioned information is useful for those who are seeking ways to get rid of the dog odor. Before moving to the solution, it is essential to know the reasons behind this problem. Due to it, you will get an idea of where you are lacking in taking care of the dog.
Moreover, there are several ways to get rid of the smell of dogs. It is entirely up to you which one you choose. Here is the list of some information related to it.
Why Do Dogs Smell so Bad in the Home?
The dog owners are well aware of the fact that dogs have a different odor. For some masses, it is a pleasant smell, but for others, it can be pungent. In addition to it, the pungent smell forces you to find the solution and reasons for it. This is because not all the guests like that mutt smell. The result is they avoid visiting your home.
Without knowing the root cause of the problem, one cannot find the solution easily. Henceforth, let’s see the reasons for that smell. Here is the list of some common reasons.
- Ear infection: There are plenty of reasons for the smelly ears of dogs. These reasons include improper cleanliness, plenty of hair in the ear canal or on the tops, and so on. Moreover, the infection in the ear has a strong smell. So, it can be the reason for the smell.
- Skin problems: Skin infections such as yeast infections are also the most common reasons that lead to bad odor. The yeast can be found on the skin folds, ears, and so on. It can infect the skin of your dog. However, the vet will give you the appropriate solution to the skin problem.
- Allergies: Allergies are one of the major causes which lead to the worst dog smell. The allergy in the dog is different from the allergy in humans. Moreover, in humans, it can cause itchiness, sneezing, and so on. On the other hand, in the case of dogs, it is related to skin.
There are numerous reasons for the dog’s allergy, such as food, environment, and so on. It causes irritation and inflammation.
These are the common reasons which cause the dog to smell so bad. Moreover, you can take the suggestion from the veterinarian if you find any of the problems. He will guide you and give the best solution to the problem.
Ways to Eliminate Dog Smell from Your Home?
Once you know the cause of your dog smelling bad, then move to the solutions. There are numerous ways to eliminate dog smell. You will have to put some effort into reducing the odor. Here is the list of some ways.
- Find the places where the smell comes from: Dogs have the habit of roaming here and there in the house. Their favorite place is either the living room or bedroom. So, it is evident that these places are smelly. Moreover, you can easily recognize the smell.
- Wash the dog accurately: It is essential to wash the dog to eliminate the dog smell. It is recommendable that for washing the dog, use the best and supreme quality of dog shampoo. Further, use the best quality conditioner. In addition to it, take care of their teeth and food.
- Clean the whole house: To remove the smell of dogs, look for their favorite place, and start cleaning. Moreover, clean each thing in your house with detergent. In addition to it, you will also have the option of Dog odor eliminator. Along with it, you can make homemade detergent or cleaning solution at your home. It requires vinegar, hot water, and liquid soap. What you need to do is add half the amount of water and half the amount of vinegar. Further, mix a little amount of liquid soap. Then, mix it. Keep the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on the furniture.
- Vacuum the carpets: During the cleanliness of furniture, do not forget to clean the carpets. This is because the carpet is home to dog’s hair and dust. So, it is necessary to clean the rugs, carpets, and curtains. In addition to it, use the vacuum. It makes your work easier.
- Wash all the covers: Wash each cover of your house, which leads to the dog smell. It includes bed sheets, cushion covers, and pillow covers. Put all these things in the washing machine and clean it.
- Clean the dog bed: Cleaning the dog’s bed or the kennel is also essential. This is because it is the house of smell. Some of the dog’s beds are easy to clean. So, clean the dog every week to remove the scent.
- Dog odor eliminator: The dog owners also have the option of using the odor eliminator. What you need to do is spray the baking soda on the carpet and furniture. Sprinkle it at night, and it will neutralize the dog smell. Henceforth, a dog odor eliminator works best.
- Hire the professional: To eliminate the smell from the carpet, call the professional. They will use pet-friendly chemicals for cleaning the rugs and carpets. Also, it is an ideal option and does not require too much effort. There are various companies which offer these kinds of services. So, you can take advantage of it.
- Open the windows: When it is time to remove the dog smell, then opens all the windows and doors of your house. Get some air and make sure that your dog does not go outside. You can also opt for this option.
- Add the fresh-smelling things in your house: To combat the dog smell, add some fragrance to your house. You can look for the essential oils, some scented candles, natural flowers, and so on. Purchase those things which become the reason for natural fragrance. The pleasant smell helps eliminate the pungent smell of the dog. Moreover, you can also spay the room freshener in your room or the house. So, choose the things which add the fragrance.
- Sweep and mop the floor: Do not forget the cleaning of the floor. You can sweep the floor gently and then mop the floor. Due to it, you will be able to remove all your dog’s hair from the floor.
Apart from it, you can also opt for the option air purifier. It also works best for you to remove the smell of a dog. You can choose any of the air purifiers. When you search on the internet, then you will get plenty of options related to it. So, choose according to your budget.
Consequently, these are the worthy options to remove the dog odor from your home. Cleanliness is essential and cleans your house frequently. Do not forget to clean your dog’s accessories. Clean each thing in your house. It will take time but eliminates the smell too.
In addition to it, you can weekly clean the house with your family members. Moreover, bath your dog. Use the best quality bathing products for your dog. If you have the dog kennel, then clean it frequently. In most cases, the dog kennel also becomes the reason for the pungent dog smell.
It is your responsibility to maintain the cleanliness of your house. Once you use these methods, then your house will smell fresh. So, use any of the methods as per your choice.
In the end, it is not difficult to eliminate the odor of the dog if you know the ways. When you raise the dog, then you must maintain his cleanliness. Apart from it, the information mentioned above is fruitful for you if you are frustrated with the pungent smell.
Do not waste your time in stress, especially when you have plenty of ways to deal with this problem. Follow the information mentioned above, and you will get a positive result. You can choose the Dog odor eliminator, air purifiers, homemade spray, and so on. All of these methods work best for you and are helpful in neutralizing the pungent dog smell.
So, when you have quality free time, you can invest this time in your home’s cleanliness. In addition to it, if your dogs have any allergies, then consult the vet. He will prescribe the best solution and produces for your dog. Further, you can follow his instructions and take care of the dog according to it.