Chew resistant dog beds are the new addition in pet products designed to deter destructive behavior of your canine friend. Basically, chewing is natural, but it becomes an issue when your pooch starts destroying all necessary and expensive things in your home. Like other essential furniture items, beds are also luxurious and pricey which you specially arrange to ensure your dog’s maximum comfort.
No pet proprietors want to let their beloved pet sleep on the hard floor; especially senior pets who are invaded by hip and joint problems. But you feel hurt when your precious pooch destroys the expensive bed you bought for him just last week.
Now how can you tackle it? Not only you, there are so many pet proprietors demonstrated this problem and resisted by replacing with the special dog bed. These beds are also known as chew proof, chew resistant or indestructible offers all wonderful facilities to discourage your dog from harmful chewing.
In this article, we have discussed ten of the best chew resistant dog beds to protect your dog from destructive chewing. In this bed, all used materials are trusted and tested by the world-class chew-proof technology and well recommended by so many pet proprietors who use it regularly.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Best Chew Resistant Dog Bed in 2021 – Reviews
- 1.1 1. Our Top Pick – K9 Ballistics Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- 1.2 2. Best Budget – GoDog Chew Guard Bed
- 1.3 3. Best Waterproof Chew Proof Dog Bed – Petfusion
- 1.4 4. Most Durable Chew Proof Dog Bed – Dogbed4less
- 1.5 5. Best Chew Resistant Heavy Duty Dog Bed – Blueberry Pet Bed
- 1.6 6. Best Chew Resistant Orthopedic Dog Bed – K9 Ballistics
- 1.7 7. Best Non Chewable Dog Bed – Kurada Walnut PVC
- 1.8 8. Best Chew Proof Bed for Large Dogs – Kuranda Bed
- 1.9 9. Best Chew Resistant Bed for Dog Crates – Orthopedic 48×30
- 1.10 10. Best Indestructible Dog Bed – Kong Lounger
- 2 Things to Consider Before Buying a Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- 3 Which Materials Make a Dog Bed More Durable
- 4 The Benefits of Buying a Chew Proof Dog Bed
- 5 Most Important Tips
- 6 Final Word
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
Best Chew Resistant Dog Bed in 2021 – Reviews
1. Our Top Pick – K9 Ballistics Chew Resistant Dog Bed
The K9 Ballistics Tough Rectangle Nesting would be the best option for you. This bed is special for dogs who are tough on their beds. The advanced technology makes the bed incredibly easy to clean with a damp cloth or water hose. Since the bed is waterproof, so for a deep clean you can toss it in the washing machine and let air dry. It makes your life simple by resisting hair, dirt, and moisture.
This tough rectangle nesting bed is absolute for dogs who chew their bed and create small holes. The tough construction makes the bed very difficult for your dog to take a bite out and shred it. The manufacturer company designed this dog bed from shredded virgin CertiPUR-USA foam and carefully formulated the proper blend to support pups that likes to dig or scratch before laying down.
The K9 Ballistics dog bed provide appropriate support and equal weight distribution to ensure your pet’s highest comfort. It supports very light to very heavy dogs equally and they find incredible pleasure to use. The structure of this bed not only focused on the mattress but also made great strides in enhancing the quality of your dog’s sleep.
There is a water-resistant lining which helps to prevent any moisture from leaking through to the mattress. Due to the water-resistant feature, this bed absorb urine like a sponge. This bed remains clean and fresh for dogs who even suffer severe incontinence. The manufacturer company offers 120 days chew resistant warranty. If your dog destroys the bed cover within first 4 months, they will replace the cover completely free of cost.
- Chew resistant elevated dog bed constructed from shredded virgin CertiPUR-USA foam
- No zippers, no interior seams makes it very difficult for dog to damage by chewing or pull
- High quality non-toxic shredded foam mattress provides 5” of comfort
- Removable cover is water resistant and machine washable
- Available in five sizes with many color options
- 4 months chew proof warranty
2. Best Budget – GoDog Chew Guard Bed
The GoDog Bed Bubble Bolster comes with a complete chew guard technology which is highly recommended for scratching, nesting and chewing dogs. This indestructible dog bed is not only ideal for ensuring comfort for your pet, it is also great to use in the couch, care and anywhere else your pet likes to nap.
goDog Bed Bubble Bolster with Chew Guard is made of super-soft, cuddly plush and it is available in six sizes. It allows dogs that have digging, scratching, and nesting habits for its extra durable feature. In this bed, there is no-skid bottom to help dogs to keep them in their place and that’s why your dog can hit the sack at high speeds.
Made of soft high pile plush give your dog optimum comfort and sound night sleep. The durable mesh liner bonds the inside of the bed and reinforces the longevity than other standard beds. The manufacturer company guaranteed the bed lasts more than standard soft plush beds. They also give a free onetime replacement guaranty for 30 days after purchase.
- Strong chew guard technology
- Made of soft plush with a tough support
- The actual measurement is 18”x13”
- The whole is machine washable
- Durable mesh liner bonded to the inside and reinforce the outer material
- Lasts longer than a normal bed
3. Best Waterproof Chew Proof Dog Bed – Petfusion
The PetFusion Ultimate Bed & Lounge features a 4-inch memory foam with water and tear resistant machine-washable cover. It provides optimal support and comfort, reduces joint pain and enhances flexibility with sound health. The smart design structured with water and tear resistant cover which allows you to blend in seamlessly with other furniture in your room.
There are separate replacement covers available with this PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed. These are water resistant, machine washable, and easy to spot clean and remove hair. The proper dimension of this bed is 25 x 20 x 5.5 inch can easily hold more than 50 pounds. The manufacturer company offers 2 years warranty on any part of this indestructible dog bed that is broken due to any manufacturing defect.
- The solid 2.5-inch memory foam bed
- Ideal for small dogs
- Improve flexibility, health, and energy and reduce joint pain
- Ensure optimal support and comfort
- Waterproof and chew resistant bed cover
- Easy to clean and remove hair
- 2 years warranty
4. Most Durable Chew Proof Dog Bed – Dogbed4less
The Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed designed with high-quality fabric and top-rated memory foam to ensure the orthopedic support and ultimate comfort of your dog.
The actual size of this bed is 40″ length X 35″ width X 4″ thick and highly recommended for small to extra-large pets to promote better sleep and healthy joint.
To protect the memory foam the bed offers a waterproof internal zipper cover which is formulated with 100 percent cotton navy blue denim. The bed cover is heavy duty waterproof and machine washable.
The best quality solid memory foam pad ensures optimum support, promote better sleep and healthy joint for your furry friends. There are also some other dynamic facilities of this bed like cooler sleeping surface, fewer allergens, pressure point relief and alignment support for more deep and restful sleep.
- Great for medium to large dog breed
- High-quality premium materials ensure quality construction
- Comes with double external covers
- Waterproof internal zipper cover protects the memory foam
- Durable 100% pure cotton denim cover with strong zipper
- Cooler sleeping surface promote better sleep
- Enough comfortable and supportive for joint pain
- Easy to clean and looks great in the room
5. Best Chew Resistant Heavy Duty Dog Bed – Blueberry Pet Bed
Blueberry Overstuffed Bed is strong and most durable designed with comfortable surface and bolstered sides which may become the most beloved sleeping zone for your dog. This non-chewable dog bed is scratch proof and appropriate for destructive dogs those are used to teasing or chewing their beds spontaneously.
A bone shape small pillow also comes with this bed to make fun and amusement. This Blueberry pet bed is available in several custom colors including baby blue and beige, baby pink and beige, mahogany and beige leaves, pink and beige leaves, blue and champagne beige, paisley and champagne beige, paisley tango red, tango red and champagne beige.
There are five separate zipper options included with this bed where one is only for the bottom part and another four for each side. These zippers are hidden under materials so that dogs can’t find out easily. There are also five separate pillows included with this heavy-duty bed and all pillow covers are made with strong nylon yarn.
The pillow at the lower part of the bed has three sections to stop clumping. It has great fabric and exhaustive stitching feature easily helps to remove the cover to wash and replace. After all, Blueberry heavy duty pet bed has a unique design with all exclusive materials and dog owners like to collect it for their most playful pet dogs.
- Designed like a sofa which provides a soft place to confirm relax
- Internal dimension 23″ x 15″x 6″, external dimension 34″ x 24″ x 12″
- Filled with 100% eco-friendly microfiber ensures ideal blend of comfort and durability
- Soft bed cover is fully removable and machine washable
- Available rolled up cover
- Comparatively cheaper than other beds
- Sometimes the bottom of the bed does not support enough
6. Best Chew Resistant Orthopedic Dog Bed – K9 Ballistics
K9 Ballistics bed made with all best-quality materials to ensure maximum comfort. A solid foam mattress supports to save the dog’s body, joint or bone. It is a five-inch foam mattress whose upper layer is one and a half inch memory foam and the rest is the elevated comfortable memory foam. Dog owners choose this orthopedic bed so much for the better-quality sleep of their dogs.
The thick woven cover protects this bed from bad chewing or unanticipated dog biting. The fiber of the cover impedes small perforations to grow. A Velcro closure is used instead of the zipper to terminate any emergency zipper related inconvenience. Moreover, this removable bed cover is machine washable and easy to clean up in any situation.
The advanced technology and all essential materials make the bed cover most durable. It is washable, water resistant, hair resistant and chew proof. So, considering all aspects of this bed the manufacturer feels confident to ensure ten years warranty for any disruption. Even if your dog damages this bed within first 3 months for any reason, the company will replace the bed cover free of cost by dint of chew-proof Guarantee.
- Orthopedic dog bed foam and water-resistant bed cover
- Overlock stitch add more strength and durability
- The mattress helps to prevent clumping
- Filled with American made foam
- Easy to clean
- Tough to remove and replace the liners for cleaning
7. Best Non Chewable Dog Bed – Kurada Walnut PVC
Kuranda Walnut PVC bed comes with the elevated orthopedic design to keep the dog dry, cool and comfortable. The heavy-duty tubular support PVC frames protect the fabric platform by tolerating up to 100 pounds.
The outside dimension of this bed is 40x25x7 and the fabric area is 36×22. The actual design allows the fabric to slide inside the frame to discourage your dog to chew. It is great for indoor using because the used frames are not recommended to use in direct sunlight.
It is made in the USA and highly recommended for unrepentant chewer dogs because of the durability of this bed have been proven worldwide more than 10 years. The bed is easy cleaning, scratch resistant, durable and discourages your dog from chewing.
- Most suitable for heavier dogs
- Supports up to 100 lbs.
- The most durable bed provides active shelter
- Heavy-duty PVC pipes protect the fabric platform
- Orthopedic design keeps your dog dry and cool
- Very effective for aggressive chewers
- Washable and easy to clean
8. Best Chew Proof Bed for Large Dogs – Kuranda Bed
Kuranda heavy-duty chew proof elevated outdoor bed provides total relief and highest comfort to your dogs. It structured with lightweight aluminium metal so that the bodyweight of the dog equally distributed on the bed surface. The aircraft-grade frame supports up to 250lbs and your dog doesn’t feel any joint or ankle pain when lying over the bed.
It looks wonderful for the unique design and dogs show special interest in using this bed. A sturdy channel of the bed keeps secure the total fabric inside the frame so that aggressive dogs could not destroy it anyway. The four legs and all corners of this bed also made of pure aluminum so that the dog is stunned to bite it.
This model is perfect for larger dogs to use at outdoor and easy to clean the smooth surfaces. It is well-known for the long-lasting feature and durability, can tolerate up to 250 Ibs weight at a time. It is Easy to clean the smooth surfaces. This bed is made in the USA and offers a 1-year replacement warranty.
- Designed with Patented, sturdy, chew-proof and lightweight aluminum frame
- Elevated foam helps to keep the dog dry, cool and comfortable
- Manufacturer company used heavy duty durable fabric
- Great for outdoor using
- Supports up to 250lbs
- Easy to clean
- Many pet proprietors are not satisfied for the 1-year warranty
9. Best Chew Resistant Bed for Dog Crates – Orthopedic 48×30
Sometimes dogs love to stay inside the crate for a long period of time. That time you should manage a crate pad so that the dog can spend a quality time and get relax to stay. This Orthopedic 48” x 30” Dog Bed is the standard size as large crate.
The ground part of the crate is made with the combination of hard metal and plastic material. To keep safe all pressure points like elbows, hips or joints, it is needed a crate pad above the hard ground level of the crate. There are two separate layers of mattress used to make this pad. The lower portion structured with two inches foam to provide orthopedic support and comfort at the resting time.
The foam is equivalent to American orthopedic foam which is 100% waterproof and ensures 10 years of warranty. The pad cover is totally tear-resistant and highly protected from damaging, digging or twisting. It has a long heavy-duty zipper to dismantling from foam to clean separately. So, it is proved that, the American orthopedic foam provides ultimate comfort & support your dogs for a long time. It is pure waterproof, easy to wash and clean.
- High-quality orthopedic foam supports joint points
- The pure waterproof bed cover is highly tear resistant
- Keep safe from aggressive chewing, digging, and nesting
- Machine washable and easy to clean
- Made in the USA
- The canvas becomes noisy if you have a fidgety puppy
10. Best Indestructible Dog Bed – Kong Lounger
Kong Plush Lounger bed features durable fabrics to make it comfy and long-lasting for your dog. This high-quality bed comes with chew resistant sidewalls with a plush pillow top.
The former size of this bed is 39″L x 29″W x 4″H and it is ideal for any large dog breed. It is also designed with 100% polyester where the top part is soft and your dog can surely enjoy the using time.
The side walls provide additional support to your pet. Similar to Kong crate pads Kong beds are also amazing and made of water-resistant polyester helps to keep the bedding always dry.
- Durable but comfortable lounger bed
- Very strong chew resistant sidewalls with plush pillow top
- Strong used materials withstand your dog’s scratching or fluffing
- Washable cover and waterproof liner
- It looks very cute and dogs love to use
- Bit expensive than others
Things to Consider Before Buying a Chew Resistant Dog Bed
Beds are considered as chew proof when they are made of quality and reliable substances that are too much tough for dogs to chew. You can also observe all smaller parts, cover material, type of filling used with the bed and the thickness before finalizing. Along with smaller things, here we have explained some other vital considerations that can help you to improve the longevity of the bed.
First and foremost, you have to make sure a durable construction while choosing any chew resistant bed for your pooch. It should be made of all heavy-duty materials so that it can’t rip or tear easily.
The materials may increase the weight of the bed but it is much essential if your dog becomes a heavy chewer. Check out the thickness of the bed, if the material is very thin then the dog can rip it to pieces very quickly.
Basically, all dog breeds are not the same in terms of size but you have to make sure the proper size of the bed regarding your dog. Beds are also different in the size, from small to extra-large and being able to define the suitable one for your pup.
Most of the dogs don’t like to be spread out a slightest from the bed, so at first, make a good idea about your dog’s size and then try to match with the best one.
Each dog loves to sleep in a unique style and it will be easier to offer a comfortable sleeping place if you track the position. There are different styles come with indestructible dog beds like raised platforms, lounge-style with walls, plush pillows with flat edges with a more unique design.
Among those styles, a lifted edge may enjoy a dog that sleeps curled up or flat pad may easier for a dog that likes to sprawls extremely. So, observe your dog’s sleeping style, consider its behavior with other manners and then go to buy a bed that is 100% chew proof and fully match with your dog’s nature.
Easy to Clean
It’s convenient to use a chew proof bed which is meant for both indoor and outdoor use. Usually, these are heavier than normal beds and tough to carry when needed for outdoor using. Surely check out used fabrics or materials that are quick drying.
It is more wasted if used at outdoor and mandatory to clean up before further using. There are some materials are harder to clean and remove stains. So, choose the material that is easy to clean and high absorption capacity.
Usually, the price range of quality indestructible beds start from $40 to $250. So, any particular budget range may not fulfill the style or quality you have desired. There are also some chew resistant beds in cheap rate but have not any assurance for their durability and longevity. That’s why sometimes you may change the budget to ensure your dog’s happiness by picking the best match. you might want to check out our list of the best dog steps and stairs.
Which Materials Make a Dog Bed More Durable
A chew resistant bed shouldn’t have any weak parts to make sure the sturdiness and durability. There are some important features of material we have defined that certify the dog bed as more durable and long-lasting.
- Robust Bed Cover: The bed cover tolerates the most torture from a destructive chewing dog, so it should be made with enough strong and heavy-duty materials. Normal fabrics are torn off very early, so try something extra durable such as Kevlar or ballistic nylon. High-quality durable fabrics also ensure ultimate comfort and orthopedic support for your dog’s happiness and good health.
- Secure Internal Filling: An elevated dog bed has a soft internal filling to make it more comfortable. Though it is the weakest spot of a bed, but essential to protect that the dog can’t access the filling. If the dog habituated with foam bed, then must check the thickness of the foam with a strong bed cover.
- Zipperless Cover: A dog bed cover is needed to clean regularly and it is flexible to open when designed with a zipper option. But the fear is your dog may chew the zipper as a magnet and can destroy it. You can consider Velcro pads as a better alternative as long as they are hidden. But as a sincere pet proprietor, always avoid zippers in a bed cover to eliminate the risk of dog chewing.
- Water-Resistant: A waterproof dog bed comes with special opportunities to use at anywhere in any season. It is great for outdoor use at an open place, park, or sea beach. This feature increases the lifespan of a bed.
The Benefits of Buying a Chew Proof Dog Bed
There are numerous positive reasons to buy a chew resistant bed for aggressive chewing dogs and some of the most common benefits are highlighted below.
Cleanliness: Chew-proof furniture keeps your room cleaner a lot. There is no chance to scatter a random piece of chewed-up substances anywhere in the living room and you will find your pooch just as clean and trendy member like others of the family. Thus, your dog will never get punished for chewing and you’ll never have to hide the bed when someone comes to visit your house.
Cost-Effective: There are certain ways you can save money by using chew proof dog bed. As like, you don’t have to go to your vet because there is no chance to be injured your pup by chewing this bed. They won’t have to get any treatment or surgery at stomach, and they will remain healthy and happy with this bed. And finally, since the bed is chew protective so, it won’t be destroyed easily and keep your dog pleased for a long time.
Proper for Puppies: Suitable like before, if your puppy became used to with fabric dog beds and like to chew for any remnants of this bed, you must decide to replace it with chew resistant one. In this new situation, the puppy will try to chew even more but it will remain safe from any harmful particles that may enter into its body while chewing. There are no toxic chemicals or microbe that your puppy may consume through chewing.
Elevated dog beds: Basically, elevated beds are more raised up than normal beds. Your dog feels comfortable to use this bed. It provides the highest support and security to your dog and also helps to reduce the aggressive chewing behavior of dogs.
Most Important Tips
Some important tips you can follow from below:
- Determine the actual size of your puppy to select the size of the bed required.
- Choose a free area where you will place the bed if you have available space in the room.
- If you decide to use this bed at outdoor, make sure the purchase that is fade resistant.
- Study about the used ingredients and ensure a chemical free, healthful bed for your pooch.
- A high-quality chew resistant bed made of polyresin materials to save it from aggressive chewing.
- The fabrics formulated with a ballistic nylon or heavyweight vinyl.
- An ideal chew proof bed should be 100% chew resistant and machine washable.
- Regular exercise is very important for aggressive chewers in both physical and mental fitness.
- When you get your dog chewing beds, immediately offer him chew toy or bone instead.
- Too much alone time also causes of chewing and pet owner should spend a regular break time with their pooch.
Usually, chew-resistant beds are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. The bed cover becomes fully UV protected and waterproof so that no scratches, scrapes, claw or another unexpected biting could not damage it finally.
You must consider the manufacturer company and its reputation while purchasing the bed and ensure all sorts of warranty or guarantees to face any unexpected trouble in further.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it mean for a chew proof dog bed?
Basically, chew proof dog beds are made of tough and durable materials can protect from biting, chewing and gnawing of a puppy or aggressive dogs. Top-quality chew-proof beds are long-lasting and suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. There are various designs and available styles in the market so that you can choose the best one based on your dog’s size, weight, or breed.
Why does my dog keep destroying his bed?
Your dog may be destroying his bed because he is stressed out, anxious, bored or he may simply be trying to create his own bed by fluffing with his mouth. Dogs may chew their beds for some other reasons like they try to make it more comfortable or to mark it as their own space. There are some dogs have destructive wild behavior always digging on or around their bed.
Why do you pick out a chew resistant dog bed?
Though it is not significant to mention any particular reason directly, but after completing this elaboration definitely you can find out the proper reason for picking a chew-resistant bed for your loving pet. Regarding my personal experience, many pet owners decide to switch into chew proof bed, because they could not afford to replace their dog’s beds repeatedly.
Moreover, chewing is a common behavior of dogs but it is badly needed to control their destructive behavior to safe room for dog crate furniture or other valuable necessary living things. When a dog becomes aggressive inborn, it is quite difficult to control and sometimes it may destroy the most indestructible materials too.
What is the best dog bed for chewers?
A dog might be chewing things when it is anxious, bored, hungry, or in need of exercise. Finding the best dog bed will help you from having to repeatedly replace your dog’s bed. Veterinarians recommended Big Barker 7” Pillow Orthopedic Bed as the best for all sized dog breeds. A quality bed provides your dog with a comfortable place to sleep, without risk of any destruction when you leave him alone.
When does it is essential to use a chew proof dog bed?
A bed is an essential element for all dogs due to their size, age, and breeds. It saves your dog from the cold and drafty floor. All heavy-duty dog beds provide a private space to your pup for extra security, comfort, and good health.
Otherwise, strong dog beds make protection from the floor in all seasons. It helps to prevent your dog from various injuries occurred by sloppy jumping from high furniture. Good dog beds control the spread of shed hair, dander and dart. It also protects your home furniture as well as a sofa because the dog prefers to lie on the bed at any time than the sofa.
Is it possible to use a chew resistant bed for my dog’s outdoor activities?
Obviously, you can use and it will help your dog in the leisure time. It will save your dog from the harmful crawling insect on the ground and keep him cool in the summer and hot in the winter. Always you should choose comfy but tough dog beds with dog cots to ensure the highest security when spending time at outdoor.
How do I keep my dog from destroying his bed?
You may offer your dog several tasty treats, chew toys, and provide some behavioral training to stop destroying his bed. You can also spray taste deterrents on the bed’s fabric to teach your dog that its bed isn’t to be chewed. According to the vet’s recommendation, getting enough exercise tuckered out your dog to chew when it goes to bed.
Should I let my dog chew his bed?
Chewing is destructive and you should not allow your dog to chew his bed. It is the best suggestion of using chew resistant dog bed for aggressive chewers. Otherwise, you can allow dogs for chewing if they are well trained and always maintain good behavior.