Undoubtedly, it is not easy to raise a dog, especially when you own it for the first time. There are numerous habits of the dog which cause frustration among you and your family members. Among all these habits, barking at night is quite common and also irritating. Maybe you have a lot of patience, but at one point, you will lose your temper.
That means you start yelling at your dog as he or she is barking. However, it is not an appropriate solution to deal with this problem. Sometimes, there is some specific reason associated with this problem. As a pet owner, it is your liability to deal with this problem. Although you cannot change this habit overnight, you can work on it.
Start your research with the common reasons for barking all night. After that, look for solutions. Various solutions work best for a dog’s late-night woofing. Moreover, here is the list of some information which is useful for you.
Click to View Post Navigation
Why Do Dogs Bark at Night?
Before finding the solution to this problem, search for reasons. Most people think that if the dog barks at night, then it sees the ghost. However, it is not the specific reason because he may want to say something. The barking habit depends upon the dog and on the environment.
Apart from it, here is the list of some reasons. With the help of these reasons, you will understand the common phenomena of barking at night.
Dogs have worthy and excellent hearing capability as compared to masses. They have the ability to hear those sounds which the person cannot hear. When your dog is standing on the balcony, then it hears those sounds which you cannot. So, it may be the reason.
If a person is alone at home, then he gets bored effortlessly. The same thing is in the case of a dog. If you left your pup alone at home, then they can get bore. Due to it, they start barking because he has nothing to do. In addition to it, you can deal with this problem by giving them toys and so on.
Moreover, if you do not pay attention to your dog’s exercise, then it may not be able to sleep. You can give some time to your dog and play with it.
Improper Crate Training
Crate training can be the actual reason behind woofing at night. Note that your dog starts barking when he is in the crate. If it is so, then improper crate training can be the reason for this problem. Along with it, compare that either your dog bark at night when it is in a crate or outside the crate. Due to it, you can take the one step ahead.
When your dog feels discomfort, then he starts barking at night. The reason can be complex, physical problems, or difficulty in turn around. In addition to it, the dogs which live in a crate face this problem. The main indication is the whimpering of the dog at night.
In addition to it, seasonal problems can also be the reason for it-the seasonal problems like cold, joint paint, and so on. You can quickly deal with this problem by changing its sleeping place.
You cannot deny the factor of loneliness. Sometimes the dog barks at night because they feel lonely. In addition to it, this loneliness scared them. The most typical indication is your dog sleeps in the crate or a separate room.
This problem is also found in those puppies which had a habit of sleeping with its mom. In addition to it, you can deal with this problem by keeping their crate in your room.
Like humans, dogs are also attention seekers. There is a difference between loneliness and attention-seeking. The main reasons that dog is seeking for attention are either they look for petting or the food. If it is a reason, then ignore your dog. If you do not do this, then they will bark continuously.
Dogs can also bark at night when they are hungry. If there is a difference between its last meals, then it may be unable to sleep. It is hard for them to sleep with an empty stomach. So, look for making the food schedule of your pup.
These are some specific reasons. Once you know the reason, and then start finding the solution. Apart from these causes, there is a list of some more reasons.
- Needing the bathroom
- Any illness or pain
- Old age or dementia
How to Stop Dog Barking at Night?
After knowing the reason, now it is easy to find the solution. You can implement several ways to deal with this problem. Although it is a huge problem that cannot be solved, you can work on it.
However, the solutions will take time, but you will surely get rid of this problem. Here is the list of some ways which you can implement to stop your dog barking at night.
- You can make the fixed schedule of your dog. Furthermore, the schedule consists of information about daily walks, meals, bedtime, and play sessions. You can work seriously on your dog’s schedule. By this, your dog will be active at the perfect time.
- Do not forget to give the food on time, especially the evening meal. In addition to it, you can go on a walk with your dog. Due to it, your pup gets a peaceful sleep at night.
- Work on decreasing the stimulation amount which your pup gets before going to bed. It will ensure that the pup is calmer at night. Reduce the noise level and dim the light of your house. Due to it, your dog gets a peaceful sleep.
- Make sure that your dog should sleep in a quiet environment. There are fewer distractions and dim light. Clean your dog’s bed and keep the blanket in the crate. In addition to it, you can also keep the bowl near to your pup.
Moreover, if you want to do some gossips with your partner, then go to another room. After implementing all the solutions till you find this problem, then you can consult to vet. If this problem continues for a long time, then take the essential steps. By taking the dog to the vet, you will know the exact reason and work on it.
Necessary Steps to Control Excessive Dog Barking
If you want your dog to bark less, it will require time, patience, and practice. If you think that you can solve this problem overnight, then it is not so. There are some proper techniques that you can follow. Here is the list of some efforts that you can make.
- Please do not shout at your dog because it indicates that you are joining them. So, speak calmly and stop yelling on your pop.
- You can provide some training to your dog under the word “quiet.” Sometimes dogs do not understand what you want to say to them.
- It is a fact that if your dog is tired, then he is calm and quiet. You can take your dog on a long walk or to the park. In addition to it, when you go outside, then before that, play with your dog.
- Some medical problems cause excessive barking. It can include bee sittings, brain disease, pain, and so on. In addition to it, the old dog can produce canine senility, which causes excessive vocalization. So take your dog to the vet for regular check-ups.
- Set the specific bedtime for your puppy. So please keep them in the crate when it is your dog’s bedtime. You can keep the crate of your puppy in a separate room. So it can sleep peacefully. But you will have to pay attention when it starts barking. May your dog want to go to the bathroom.
These are some necessary steps that you can take. However, do not compromise with the schedule of your dog. If it is time for playtime or the time of dog grooming, then do it with your pup.
In the end, taking care of your pet is not a difficult task to do. If you have the proper knowledge, then you can deal with them any sort of problem. Moreover, to ensure your pet’s health, do not forget their check-up.
You can take them to the vet and take the suggestions from him. In addition to it, the vet will guide you. The pet owners can work according to the guidance of the vet. You can follow the information as mentioned above too. But, if there is any medical problem, then consult the vet.
Take full responsibility for your dog and notice its behavioral changes. Sometimes changes in behavior also indicate the problem. So, please spend some time with your dog and play with them. You can work on dog grooming.