What is Dog Shivering?
Shivering is extra jerking of the body muscles when the dog consumes full grab on it. It could happen for some common reasons like eating toxic foods, cold weather, anxiety, stress, old age or similar reasons. After taking primary provision if your dog continues to shiver, you must appoint with a veterinarian to detect the syndrome and provide timely care.
Reasons For Dog Shaking and Trembling: Common Causes and Treatments:
1. Cold: The main cause your dog shivers due to cold. Dogs should not move outside for a long period of time during cold weather. The normal body temperature of a dog is 101 to 102 degrees Fahrenheit and a puppy has 96 to 97-degree Fahrenheit. So, before comparing with human, you should remember that normally a dog’s body is warmer than persons. Low body temperature may cause of shivering and a sweater or blanket can be primary remedy instead of thin cloth.
2. Anxiety: It may another reason for shivering. Travel, thunderstorms, fireworks, new residence, social situations or any type of environmental change may cause of dog’s anxiety to shiver. If your dog trembling for anyone of these situations then initially an anti-anxiety pill can save this stressful period. Then you can reminiscent of your veterinarian to evaluate your salutary options.
3. Pain: Any kind of illness or severe pain may cause of shivering or dog trembling. Though most of the time the actual reason for the pain is not determining it is clearly realize the sickness when dog groans with shivering. So it should not neglect dog’s shaking because it might be a symptom of serious pain. Jumping and dropping a dog may cause of spinal injury and it should require a physical test or x-ray for proper treatment.
4. Temperature: Excessive body temperature can also cause dog shaking. When body temperature crossover normal range then fever may arise. If the rectal temperature of your dog is more than 103 degrees, immediately you should consult with your veterinarian. A dog can also be affected by heat stroke during to keep staying a long time in the sunshine.
5. Excitement: Your dog can be exited for various reason and start shivering. You don’t need to do something special to make it happy. For example when you coming back home at night, just to identify your appearance is more than enough for your dog trembling and barking, even it can urinate with excitement at that time. With that, at meal time if you pass with a plate of food in front of your dog it may start shaking with eagerness.
6. Nausea. Too much eating or eating bad thing can cause of vomiting and your dog may be trembling for felling not very well. If your dog is feeling exhausted, looks tired or drooling unusually it might be symptoms of nausea. It’s a common symptom for a dog to shake before getting sick like as vomiting or a bout of diarrhea.
7. Toxin: Poisons or toxins can cause shaking in dogs, though symptoms of poisoning can differ. Normally poisons may include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, depression, tremors, seizures, and weakness. Some toxins are harmless to humans but poisonous to your pet. You should note some toxic items like chocolate, cigarettes, sugar substitute chewing gums those spread instance poisons at your dog stomach.
Other reasons: There are some other reasons for dog shivering or trembling like allergic reactions, neurological disorders, insect bites, brain diseases or more age. Low calcium levels, shock, electrolyte imbalance, lupus, anemia and other metabolic disorders may also be responsible for dog shaking. So, when you feel any doubt about your dog’s trembling issue, you should instantly talk to your vet to get proper treatment.
Prevention of Shivering
Both high and low temperature may commonly cause of shivering and if. If the shivering is for temperature.
If temperature (high or low temperature) is the cause of shivering then at first try to bring your dog at normal temperature and then consult with your vet for proper treatment. Pain is another common reason for dog shivering and in that case, the main challenge is determining the source of pain.
A normal recommendation is that if dog trembling is escorted from the severe pain it is proved that this is the sign of strain or pressure. The toxin may arise from Junk food, medicines or Indigestion and if shaking is occurring from toxin then antitoxin pills can be initial prophylactic to cure.
If you are incapable to identify any symptom you should try to contact a veterinarian instantaneously. Don’t use any medication without checking your vet and take more specific diagnostics for more specific treatment.