The American Humane Association declared that approximately 10 million pet animals (include cats and dogs) are lost every year in the USA. The study also discovers some GPS pet tracking system can quickly detect the location of the lost dog. After a deep research, here we have listed top rated 10 best dog GPS collar to save your pet when you take them on trips or outdoor activities.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Top 10 Best GPS Dog Collars in 2018 – Comparisons
- 2 10 Dog GPS Collar in 2018 – Reviews
- 2.1 1. Best Whistle GPS Pet Tracker Reviews
- 2.2 2. Best Tractive GPS Pet Tracker Reviews
- 2.3 3. Best Garmin Alpha 100 TT 15 Dog GPS Tracking System
- 2.4 4. LINK AKC Smart Dog Collar Reviews- GPS Location Tracker
- 2.5 5. Marco Polo Pet Tracker System Reviews
- 2.6 6. Garmin Astro 320 Bundle
- 2.7 7. Pod 2 GPS Pet Trackers Review
- 2.8 8. Spy Tec STIGL300 Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker
- 2.9 9. Yepzon One Personal GPS Locator Review
- 2.10 10. Pet Monitoring/Tracking System Review
- 3 What are the Strategies of GPS Tracker?
- 4 Types of Dog GPS Collar or Tracker
- 5 Standard Microchip vs GPS Microchip
- 6 Why Should Dog Owners Need To Use GPS Collar
- 7 Significant Features of GPS Tracking System
- 8 Factors You Should Remember Before Purchasing GPS Collar
- 9 Importance of Using GPS Collar for Dog
- 10 Final Words:
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions GPS Collar
- 12 Sources:
Top 10 Best GPS Dog Collars in 2018 – Comparisons
|#||Image||Product's Name||Brand||Check Latest Price|
|1||Best Whistle GPS Pet Tracker Reviews||Whistle|
|2||Best Tractive GPS Pet Tracker Reviews||Tractive|
|3||Best Garmin Alpha 100 TT 15 Dog GPS Tracking System||Garmin|
|4||LINK AKC Smart Dog Collar Reviews - GPS Location Tracker||Link AKC|
|5||Marco Polo Pet Tracker System Reviews||Eureka Technology|
|6||Garmin Astro 320 Bundle||Garmin|
|7||Pod 2 GPS Pet Trackers Review||Pod Trackers|
|8||Spy Tec STIGL300 Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker||Spy Tec|
|9||Yepzon One Personal GPS Locator Review||Yepzon|
|10||Pet Monitoring/Tracking System Review||Eureka Technology|
10 Dog GPS Collar in 2018 – Reviews
1. Best Whistle GPS Pet Tracker Reviews
Whistle GPS Pet Tracker is the most popular dog collar on the market today. Normally Whistle GPS attached with your dog’s existing collar to identify real-time existence if they are even near or far. It also helps to monitor dog’s behavioral attitude and overall activities for your concern to take necessary action immediately.
Whistle dog tracker technology always sends each and every smartphone based alerts and all kinds of email about your dog. If your dog crosses the labeled whistle zone, then you will receive an instant alert and can check your dog’s real location by using the all-in-one mobile app from anywhere.
GPS dog tracker is more durable, waterproof and formulated to move anywhere with your dog. It allows you to view your dog’s daily working routine like how long it was active, which food it has been taken, and you also be notified if your dog leaves the house. You will get an interactive map like GPS tracking system to track your dog and undoubtedly it is a fantastic job.
Whistle pet tracker is ideal for dogs those are more than or equal 15 pounds. It can attach to any shock collar or dog harness which is 1 inch wide. You need a service plan to subscribe cellular connection to use GPS tracker for dogs with 24 hours connectivity.
|GSM GPS Technology||This device is dependable on a paid service need always be subscribed|
|Unlimited range as long as there’s cellular connection|
|Battery supports 8 days of moderate to low use|
|Can track 3 dogs|
2. Best Tractive GPS Pet Tracker Reviews
Tractive GPS pet tracker always allows you to know your pet’s current position. To check where your pet is, you can use any free mobile apps at your android, windows or iPhone otherwise also follow your dog in a browser.
This GPS tracker device controls the cellular phone to connect with the tractive apps. Tractive use the network of many cellular phone company through valid agreement and from all over the world.
It is the best dog GPS tracker works also for kids, people or vehicles. This dog GPS collar is waterproof and light weighted deliver live positioning for dogs, horses, cats and other animals. It is the smallest GPS positioning device designed with an integrated SIM-card more reliable to identify the real-time location by using T-Mobile network.
This GPS collar will pursue you all live information directly to your smartphone device. It’s a wonderful technology for city people who want to get all information on their phone without carrying any other device.
Tractive GPS pet tracker provides a virtual fence for the dog owners with alerts. It can create a safe zone for your dog and if your dog leaves the boundary of the safe zone, you will get an alarm instantly. Tractive GPS pet tracker is highly recommended for dogs more than 9 pounds and only 35 gram weighs.
|You can use Tractive GPS device without a smartphone through a web browser||Battery life of this device is short|
|Provide an invisible dog fence|
|Provides an option of LIVE tracking|
|Monthly service fee starting at $5|
3. Best Garmin Alpha 100 TT 15 Dog GPS Tracking System
Garmin Alpha 100 is a high sensitivity GPS track system allows dog owners to track and train their dogs in the open area. This alpha collar includes with Tri-Tronics training technology useful for your dog to stop any unwanted gaming from approximately 10 kilometers away.
Garmin alpha tracking system is expensive but very powerful and normally use those pet owners who have a couple of dogs. It is useful to control dogs at outside gaming or traveling somewhere far away with multiple canines. Garmin alpha 100 tt15 is a free tracking technology provide accurate performance with its GPS tracker and it doesn’t any matter how much far you are.
Garmin alpha tracking system designed with a vibration motor for a soundless warning. When one or more dogs cross the safe zone then pet owner gets a silent alert through vibration motor. It is possible to get 2.6″ 65,000 color TFT display to monitoring up to 20 dogs together at any time from anywhere.
Garmin alpha bundle is the great GPS dog collar can track the most dogs, covers largest range with GLONASS tracking system, available training collar features and so on. It also displays dog’s speed and direction simultaneously. After all, Garmin alpha is an outstanding and most popular tracking service used by hunters and professional dog proprietors.
|Include with High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS||Battery life 20-40 hrs|
|Available Tri-Tronics training technology|
|Vibration motor for soundless warning|
4. LINK AKC Smart Dog Collar Reviews- GPS Location Tracker
LINK AKC smart dog collar is the most sophisticated pet technology structured to ensure your dog’s maximum relief, safety, and happiness. Like other GPS location tracker, it sends the signal to be alerted when your dog crosses the designated assigned area.
The LINK AKC smart collar include a default LINK AKC app helps you to manage your dog’s overall well-being. It also receives periphery temperature alerts, monitor activity, vet records and your dog’s real-time activity.
Each LINK AKC smart collar has Latigo leather collar with available size from small to very large. It also has a collar career, tracking unit and sleekly-designed base station. This base station charges the tracking unit and structures a USB port to charge both the tracking unit and your cell phone instantaneously.
To build a 24/7 connection through LINK AKC GPS location tracker you need a dedicated service plan. This LINK AKC collar provides you an extended warranty for the tracking unit and guarantees for proper size. This monthly plan begins with $9.95 with several discounts offers and especially recommended for above 10 pounds.
|Keep your dog safe, healthy, and happy||The activity goal is 90 minutes|
|Available for all sizes dog|
|Provide LINK AKC base station, tracking unit and collar carrier|
5. Marco Polo Pet Tracker System Reviews
Marco polo pet tracker is fully self-contained tracking technology ideal for traveling with your pet. It is easy to install and use, just a single press on button start searching your lost pets in the designated area.
There is no internet or mobile access is required to track your pet while traveling or at home. Macro polo has a collar which is more than 7 inches and suitable for the all-ages largest to smallest dogs.
Its advanced tracking tag is designed to survive on rough ground and for prolonged swimming. The efficient design saves the tag from injury and that is why it does not damage while playing.
There are two more tracking tags added to this system separately to allow tracking and monitoring additional three pets simultaneously. Marco polo pet tracker works like a personal radar system scrutinize each and every inch of its coverage area. This system normally covers up to 2 miles but if your dog leaves the system range then you can search thousands of acres surrounding you can drive.
Since Macro Polo tracker has no monthly fees, it helps to save your thousands of dollars over the total lifetime of the system. It is a Waterproof system doesn’t require any GPS or cellular network. A rechargeable battery sets internally with this macro system which runs continuously 6 weeks on a single charge
|High Battery capacity lasts up to 6 weeks||At the hillside are sometimes signals may bouncing off|
|Waterproof and GPS free system|
|Cover up to 2 miles of surroundings|
|Available 2 more additional tracking tags|
- Garmin Astro 320 is a Radio-based GPS Collar
- High sensitive GPS dog collar with GLONASS
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- 20-40 hours Battery life
- Garmin Astro 320 bundle has 1inch orange collar strap, belt clip, 5-inch standard & 13 inches extended range antennas
- AC adapter, charge clip, USB and vehicle power cable
- Pod Tracker locate your pet in indoors and outdoors
- Pod Pet Tracker receive alerts on your phone when your pet leaves the boundary
- Pod GPS Pet Tracker monitors your pet’s fitness levels to ensure staying activity
- Due to continuous tracking, it can record up to 8 hours
- According to Pod tracker review, it works in 175 countries around the world
- Spytec GPS tracker is the perfect tracking system for pets, vehicles, teens, elder persons, spouses or assets
- Real-time GPS tracker track and map over the internet
- Compact size attaches to vehicle or belt and inserts in the backpack
- Spy tracker gets text or email when pets leave the designated area
- $25 monthly fee but no installation and cancellation fees
- Yepzon tracks the location in every 10 seconds while moving
- It is easy to install Yepzon App on any mobile device
- Yepzon provides data security so that you can share the locator’s user rights
- Through Yepzon review, its battery life lasts a couple of weeks in the month
- $4.95 monthly fee but free for the first month and no installation and cancellation fees
- Marco polo pet tracker is a single button-push to begin can search in real-time distance
- Efficient to monitor 3 pets simultaneously with four programmable safety areas
- Marco polo dog tracker is totally self-contained and works anywhere
- Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries continuously run up to 90 days
- No GPS or cellular network required and no monthly subscription contracts
What are the Strategies of GPS Tracker?
A GPS (Global Positioning System) tracking unit is normally used for tracking the moving vehicle, persons or pet animals. There are two types of GPS trackers for dogs, one is subscription-based attached to a dog’s collar and another is subscription free designed for different purpose.
According to their functionality, GPS trackers are divided into two types and these are Radio-based trackers ad, GSM-based cellular trackers. Actually, Radio Collars are designed for tracking wild animals or hunting with dogs. It is the most reliable device for tracking dogs within the highest range of area. Though these trackers are subscription free but expensive to purchase.
Cellular GPS trackers arrive with new technology that generally maintains the communication between dog’s receivers to owner’s phone. It is useful for casual tracking of your dog’s location. It offers various attractive features but can’t cover the large range of area like Radio dog GPS trackers. These are low in price but users have to pay a monthly subscription fee.
Types of Dog GPS Collar or Tracker
GPS is a modern technology stands for “Global Positioning System” attached in a collar to detect pet. It is common that we are tracking our friends via social media, our kids via cell phone apps; similarly, we can track our dogs via a GPS microchip. Usually, there are two types of GPS trackers for dogs and these are:
- Subscription-based pet GPS trackers
- Non-subscription based dog GPS trackers
These two are designed for different purposes, first, one can be attached to the dog’s collar and another GPS pet tracker specially designed with a receiver but without any subscription plan.
A GPS dog tracker may work in two ways like radio-based trackers and cellular-based GPS tracker. Cellular dog trackers are designated with a subscription-based system where radio GPS dog trackers are usually independent on their own.Radio dog GPS collars are most significant trackers specially designed for tracking wild animals and hunting with dogs. These radio-based GPS collars are the most reliable tracking system cover the highest range, even hundreds of miles like walkie-talkies. Though this dog GPS collar has no subscription fee, price e range is bit high, within $200 to $1,000 per device.
Cellular dog GPS collars are the modern technology used for connecting the receiver’s location through your cellular device. Sometimes these are using casually to track your pet. Though these GPS dog collar has so many useful features but can cover low tracking range. These are cheaper in price but have a monthly subscription system.
Standard Microchip vs GPS Microchip
There is no alternative to use a microchip within GPS tracker because, as a permanent cheap it allows quick recovery if your dog lost or taken out. Normally, microchips embedded internally and they are divided into two basic types for their different functions. Here is highlighted a basic discussion about GPS Microchip and Standard Microchip.
Standard microchip is also known as internal microchip which is inserted into the dog’s skin and holds the detailed information of the chip ID, dog and dog’s owner. If anybody finds a dog that contains a microchip, he can easily retrieve all information about the dog by scanning the implanted chip and can handover to its original owner. Standard microchip doesn’t help you to track the dog for observing real-time activity.
GPS microchip sets externally on the dog’s collar and transmits nonstop signals to observe the real-time position of your dog. These trackers also send notification and information about dog health and its activity level.
Why Should Dog Owners Need To Use GPS Collar
Now a day, there are different technologies are used at dog tracking system and these are totally necessitated for dog owners to use. Some of the most common reasons are given below so that pet owners decide to collect an ideal GPS dog collar.
- To provide a guard against dog losing or theft issue.
- Offering some freedom at outdoor activities.
- Traveling safely with the dog.
- Keep in touch during hunting.
- Offers to get special training.
- Easier to track and save their dog if lost.
- Facilitate to realize their dog’s regular habit.
Besides these, there are so many other vital reasons to collect GPS collar for dogs. After starting to use this system you will be fully dependent on it and feel free to the benefit of this tracker chip.
Significant Features of GPS Tracking System
- Risk of Harm: At any time, your dog can go away from home without your consent and there is a massive chance of missing it if you realize after a long time period. Every second after missing a dog enhances the possibility of losing it permanently. But a GPS tracker can escape you from this situation by sending out continuous notification about its running activity with location.
- Moving: Normally, dog owners carry their pooch to get a good company when going out near or far for relaxation. But it is difficult to look after an aggressive dog for 24 hours when the area is totally unfamiliar and risky. There is very low possibility to get back a missing dog in this type of location. Fortunately, a GPS tracker can get rid you of these concerns.
- Aggressive Dogs: Many dog owners consider digging to be a great problem when dogs destroy the yard and messed gates or fences from underneath. Aggressive dogs have the ability to jump over the barrier and sometimes it would be dangerous for both the dog and owners. Digging is also bad for dog’s health and well-being. So, when a dog continuously repeats these behaviors, the owner may become frustrated and hardly try to control his dog. A GPS collar may highly support the owner to resist his dog from all unnatural behaviors.
- Dognapping: There is a market to buy and sell stolen dogs where anyone can choose and purchase a dog at the very low price. Animal theft is a serious problem rapidly increases day by day. If you do not stay at home for all the time with your dog, there is a possibility to lose it by intruders from home at any time. The good news is that in these cases a GPS collar can save your dog from being stolen and also can detect the thief immediately.
- Safety: There is another significant feature of GPS tracker offers to save your dog’s life. It can track a dog’s present location and insist to get back while crossing the safe zone. A GPS collar can also track your dog’s activity level and sends the signal to the owner for any irregularities. In this way, an owner can realize the energy level of his dog and may take necessary measures.
Factors You Should Remember Before Purchasing GPS Collar
There are some basic considerations you should follow before choosing a shock collar:
- Position Tracker:
Actually, GPS collars are designed to track your dog’s current position and observe its overall performances. Often, activity trackers contain built-in GPS tracker to record your pet’s activity level and relevant data. It is also effective to sort out your dog for any kinds of behavioral changes that indicate disabilities or illness.
Normally, GPS trackers are small in size and lightweight. General trackers are not suitable for large dogs and biggest collars may be unfitted for small breeds. Now a day, the wrong sized GPS collars are the leading cause of dog’s injury. A tight collar prevents normal blood circulation around the neck and helps to grow harmful bacteria may serious cause of skin infection. So, before purchasing a GPS tracker ensure your dog’s weight and size perfectly.
The common feature of an ideal GPS collar is lightweight so that the dog doesn’t feel any burden when wearing into the neck. It provides your dog the self-confidence and motivates to move freely.
A perfect GPS collar gives your pet the freedom to move on a certain range playground. The recognized area is at least 5 feet to more than 250 feet, which depends on the strength of the collar. The particular range always alerts your dog about its movement and security.
The type of technology is also an important consideration when choosing a GPS tracker. Every device does not contain the same technology and that is why you should justify the working process of the tracker before purchasing. Dog tracking system begins with radio technology and you have to be in perfect range to locate your dog’s position. At present, tracking devices use GPS technology offers more precision to locate your dog in the wide area range.
Before purchasing a GPS collar, the significant thing you should remember about the durability of the product. Obviously, a good GPS collar should be waterproof and hit resistant if your dog likes to swim or play on the hard surface. A long lasting durable GPS tracker is tremendous for playful animals used to play on hard surfaces.
- Battery Life:
It is another vital factor to choose a quality GPS collar. All tracking devices contain a rechargeable battery. Short battery life enhances the possibility of charging out within a short time, where long-lasting batteries support up to more than a week. You should remember that GPS trackers fully depends on battery life and if suddenly you recognize the power of the battery is empty then your pet may be fall in risk.
There are some GPS trackers helps you to detect the current location of your pet. If the dog crosses the range the device sends a notification via phone. Actually, this feature releases you from stress and saves your plenty of time.
Price is another important criterion to evaluate a GPS dog collar. To get a clear idea of price, here we have evaluated some top-level GPS tracker with their functional quality. Some devices are more costly but they are the highest in their quality.
Importance of Using GPS Collar for Dog
Like small children, dogs can more likely to lose only for the lacking of proper parental supervision. In every year, many pet owners lose their pooches from house courtyard or while moving away to travel.
The main purpose of inventing GPS tracking unit is observing the current location of the dog and its overall activity. There are also some other vital reasons why a pet proprietor wants to collect a GPS tracking device for his dog.
If you have a working dog and remain busy almost all day long for various activities, you should keep a close eye on it. But, if you have a GPS collar you can simply take care of it from one place.
GPS devices also work as a harmless invisible containment system to protect your dog. It helps to keep your dog within a predefined boundary area so that you can control its overall activities. Some pet owners use this device to train their canines.
Now a day, GPS tracking devices are more functional also can track your dog almost anywhere in the home or outside. A quality tracker saves your money, time and reduces anxiety about your dog’s safety. Though a quality dog GPS system a bit costly to purchase but completely control your dog any time at anywhere.
We confident that, you have enjoyed all GPS dog collar reviews and learned about various tracking devices and systems to provide maximum protection to your dog. We know, millions of pets are lost every year where a GPS dog collar can retrieve most of them. So, you can use any dog GPS dog collar but feel good to get the highest effort to protect your dog for 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions GPS Collar
Question: What should be the minimum age for your dog to use the GPS tracking device?
Answer: Basically, dog tracking devices are suitable for dogs are above 3.5 kg weight with 34.5 cm neck size. It is better if the dog able to realize basic obedience commands such as “stay”, “sit”, “eat”, “come”, “go” etc.
Question: Are GPS tracking systems functional for aggressive dogs?
Answer: Actually you can teach your dog some basic training by using this type of trackers. For instance, a GPS tracker is able to modify your dog’s unwanted behavior and reduce aggressiveness by growing its sense of wrong and right.
Question: What will happen if anybody removes the collar from my dog’s neck?
Answer: Normally, you will receive an alarm when the dog crosses the area and this notification is the best prevention against pet theft. Practically, it is quite impossible to remove a collar from a dog’s neck without the consent of its owner. So, as a pet owner, you can stay free from pet theft issue when start to use GPS tracking systems.
Question: Can I use the GPS tracker inside my car?
Answer: If you are inside the car without your dog then within the range you will get signals about your dog’s current location and activities. When the car reaches very close to the dog you can stop the car and sends signals to pick your loving pooch to the car.
Question: Is it effective when I try to add a lead to the GPS tracker device?
Answer: You should not attach a lead to the GPS collar but if you feel to add then try to add a non-metallic collar to your dog’s neck separately and add a lead.
Question: Are GPS collars can save my dog inside water?
Answer: Obviously, GPS collars are waterproof and it is vital to use when the dog like to swim in the pool. You can use a collar underwater to a depth of 7.62m.
Question: How many dogs I can track by a single GPS tracker?
Answer: The number of dogs you can totally depend on the capacity of the tracker which you use. There are some quality GPS trackers available on market can track up to a hundred dogs individually. Though you shouldn’t track more than one dog at a time by one system unit you can track different dogs separately.
Question: Is it possible to carry the receiver in the open place?
Answer: Of course, you can bring the tracking unit with you when traveling in a free place. It is easy to carry through a belt holster and larger systems are designed to keep in a vehicle for locating dogs when feel.