The necessity of a dog GPS collar is immense to keep dogs safe and secure in their life. Most of the pet proprietors become worried about their dog’s safety and always look for new strategies to save them. In this regard, they train their dogs to teach some basic instructions and sometimes keep on leashes while going for a walk or outdoor activities.
But indeed, it is one of the worst feelings for most loving dog owners when dogs cross out the safe zone without their knowledge or lost during visiting family and friends. It creates nearly unbearable fear and anxiety when you become failure to find out your pooch after the maximum effort.
The American Humane Association declared that approximately 10 million pet animals (include cats and dogs) are lost every year in the USA and thanks to today’s advanced GPS Dog Tracker technology to keep them safe.
We carefully observed dozens of GPS collars, analyzed their tracking features, functions and considered user reviews to identify the best of the best. Then here we have listed top 10 best dog GPS collars to save your pet from overall outdoor activities.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Top 10 Best GPS Dog Collars in 2019 – Comparisons
- 2 10 Dog GPS Collar in 2019 – Reviews
- 2.1 1. Our Top Pick – Whistle GPS Pet Tracker Review
- 2.2 2. Best GPS Tracking Device for Dogs – Tractive GPS Pet Tracker Review
- 2.3 3. Best GPS Dog Tracking System – Garmin Alpha 100 Tt15 Review
- 2.4 4. Best Smart Dog GPS Collar – Link Akc GPS Tracker Review
- 2.5 5. Best Advanced GPS Dog Tracker – Marco Polo Pet Tracker System Review
- 2.6 6. Best GPS Dog Collar – Garmin Astro 320 Bundle Review
- 2.7 7. Best GPS Pet Trackers – Pod Tracker Review
- 2.8 8. Best Real-Time Gps Tracker – Spy Tec Stigl300 Review
- 2.9 9. Best GPS Locator for Dogs – Yepzon Review
- 2.10 10. Best Pet Monitoring Tracking System – Marco Polo Pet Tracker Review
- 3 What are the Strategies of GPS Tracker?
- 4 Types of Dog GPS Collar or Tracker
- 5 Standard Microchip vs GPS Microchip
- 6 Why Should Dog Owners Need to Use GPS Collar?
- 7 Significant Features of GPS Dog Tracker
- 8 Factors to Consider before Purchasing GPS Dog Collars
- 9 Importance of Using GPS Collar for Dog
- 10 Final Words
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
- 12 Sources:
Top 10 Best GPS Dog Collars in 2019 – Comparisons
|Editor's Picks||Product's Name||Brand||Latest Price|
|Top Pick||Whistle GPS Pet Tracker Review||Whistle||Check Price|
|Best for Tracking||Tractive GPS Pet Tracker Review||Tractive||Check Price|
|Best for High Sensitivity||Garmin Alpha 100 Tt15 Review||Garmin||Check Price|
|Best for Location Tracker||Link Akc Collar Review||Link AKC||Check Price|
|Best Tracker||Marco Polo Pet Tracker System Review||Eureka Technology||Check Price|
|Best for GPS Collar||Garmin Astro 320 Bundle Review||Garmin||Check Price|
|Best Indoors & Outdoors||Pod Tracker Review||Pod Trackers||Check Price|
|Best for Real-Time||Spy Tec Stigl300 Review||Spy Tec||Check Price|
|Best for Small Dogs||Yepzon Review||Yepzon||Check Price|
|Best for Monitoring Tracking||Marco Polo Pet Tracker Review||Eureka Technology||Check Price|
10 Dog GPS Collar in 2019 – Reviews
1. Our Top Pick – Whistle GPS Pet Tracker Review
It is the most popular GPS dog collar in the present market which you can simply use with your dog’s existing collar to identify it’s real-time existence. This collar also helps to monitor your dog’s behavioral attitude with overall activities, and aware you to take all necessary steps when needed.
Whistle dog tracker comes with both cellular and GPS technology to send signals and all kinds of email about the dog to your smartphone. You will receive an instant alert if your dog crosses the labelled whistle zone and can check its real location by using the all-in-one mobile app from anywhere.
GPS dog tracker is more durable, waterproof and formulated to move anywhere with your dog. It allows you to view your dog’s daily working routine like how long it was active, which food it has been taken, and you also be notified if your dog leaves the house. Through this device, you will get an interactive map like GPS tracking system to track your dog within a network and enjoy unlimited happiness about pet caring.
Whistle pet tracker is ideal for dogs those are more than or equal 15 pounds. It can attach to any shock collar or dog harness which is 1 inch wide. You need to subscribe a proper service plan of cellular connection with 24 hours connectivity to use this GPS tracker.
It uses advanced GSM GPS Technology
The largest wireless network, help to track your pet wherever they go
You can simply use this system through your smartphone
Durable, waterproof and ready to go wherever your pet goes
Long lasting Li-Ion battery supports up to 10 days
Can track 3 dogs
This device is dependable on a paid service and need always be subscribed
Check Current Price on Amazon
2. Best GPS Tracking Device for Dogs – Tractive GPS Pet Tracker Review
Tractive GPS pet tracker always allows you to know your pet’s real-time position. You can check your pet’s current location by using any free mobile apps at your android, windows, or iPhone and also use a browser to follow him.
The new model of this device supports 3G to make better connection and tracking. It controls the cellular phone by connecting with tractive apps. It uses the network of many cellular phone companies through a valid agreement all over the world.
Tractive dog GPS tracker also works for kids, people or vehicles in the same way. It is waterproof and lightweight, simple to carry at anywhere and observe the live positioning for the dogs, horses, cats and other animals. It is the smallest GPS positioning device designed with an integrated SIM-card which is more reliable to identify the real-time location by using the T-Mobile network.
This GPS collar will pursue you all live information through your smartphone device. It’s a wonderful technology for city people who want to get all the data on their phone without carrying any more devices.
Tractive GPS pet tracker provides a virtual protective fence to save pet animals. It creates a safe zone for your pets and if they try to cross the boundary then the device will send you an instant alarm. It is highly recommended for dogs those are more than 9 pounds and only 35 gram weighs.
You can use this device without a smartphone through a web browser
Provide a defensive invisible dog fence
It Includes an option of LIVE tracking
It is lightweight and waterproof
Monthly service fee starting from $5
Short battery life
Check Current Price on Amazon
3. Best GPS Dog Tracking System – Garmin Alpha 100 Tt15 Review
Garmin Alpha 100 is a high sensitivity GPS dog collar allows pet proprietors to track and train their dogs in the open area. This alpha collar comes with Tri-Tronic training technology which is useful to stop any unwanted gaming of your dog from approximately 10 kilometres away.
This tracking system is expensive but very powerful to control even a couple of dogs. It is too much effective to observe multiple canines when they play at outside or travel somewhere far away. Garmin alpha 100 tt15 is a free tracking technology significantly provides accurate performance with its GPS tracker and it doesn’t any matter how much far you are staying.
This renowned pet tracking system designed with a vibration motor for a soundless warning. When one or more dogs cross the safe zone then pet owner gets a silent alert through vibration motor. It is possible to get 2.6″ 65,000 color TFT display to monitoring up to 20 dogs together at any time from anywhere.
Garmin alpha bundle is the great pet tracking tool can track the most dogs and covers the largest range with its GLONASS tracking system. It also displays your dog’s running speed and directions simultaneously. After all, Garmin alpha is an outstanding and most popular tracking service used by hunters and professional dog proprietors.
It comes with High-Sensitivity GPS with Glonass
Available Tri-Tronics training technology
Vibration motor for soundless warning
Available 20-40 hours battery life
Provides 8 levels of continuous and momentary stimulation
Battery life is 20-40 hrs
Check Current Price on Amazon
4. Best Smart Dog GPS Collar – Link Akc GPS Tracker Review
LINK AKC smart dog collar is the most sophisticated tracking technology structured to ensure your dog’s maximum relief, safety, and happiness. Like other GPS location tracker, it also sends the signal to be alerted when your dog crosses the designated assigned area.
This smart collar features a default LINK AKC app that helps you to manage your dog’s overall well-being. It also receives periphery temperature alerts, monitor activity, vet records and your dog’s real-time activity.
This GPS Location tracker designed with Latigo leather collar with different size from small to extra-large. It also has a collar career, tracking unit and sleekly-designed base station. The base station charges this tracking unit and structures a USB port to charge both the tracking unit and the cell phone instantly.
To build a 24/7 connection through LINK AKC GPS location tracker you need a dedicated service plan. This tracker provides an extended warranty for the tracking unit and guarantees for the proper size. The monthly plan begins with $9.95 with several discounts offers and especially recommended for dogs are above 10 pounds.
Helps to keep your dog safe, healthy, and happy
Available for dogs are more than 10 pounds
Provide LINK AKC base station, tracking unit and collar carrier
It can remember, record, and share special activities of your dog
Temperature alerts for too hot or cold/record, remember, and share special walks
The activity goal is only 90 minutes
Check Current Price on Amazon
5. Best Advanced GPS Dog Tracker – Marco Polo Pet Tracker System Review
Marco polo pet tracker is made with fully self-contained Eureka tracking technology ideal for outdoor using. It is easy to install and use, just a single press on the power button start searching your lost pets within the designated area.
There is no internet connection or mobile access is required to track your pet during travelling or at home. Macro polo has a collar which is more than 7 inches in size and suitable for dogs of all ages and shapes.
Its advanced tracking tag is designated to survive on rough ground and for prolonged swimming. The efficient design saves the tag from injury and that is why it does not damage while playing.
There are two more tracking tags added to this system separately to allow tracking and monitoring additional three pets simultaneously. Marco polo pet tracker works like a personal radar system to scrutinize each and every inch of its coverage area. This system normally covers up to 2 miles but if your dog leaves the system range then you can search thousands of acres surrounding you can drive.
Since Macro Polo tracker has no monthly fees, it helps to save thousands of dollars over the total lifetime of the system. It is a Waterproof system doesn’t require any GPS or cellular network. A rechargeable battery sets internally with this system which runs continuously 6 weeks for a single charge.
It is ideal for travelling but works at anywhere
Very easy and simple to set up and use
High Battery capacity lasts up to 6 weeks
Waterproof and GPS free technology
Cover up to 2 miles of surroundings
Available 2 more additional tracking tags
At the hillside are sometimes signals may bouncing off
Check Current Price on Amazon
6. Best GPS Dog Collar – Garmin Astro 320 Bundle Review
It is the best GPS Collar for sporting dogs can track multiple dogs at a time and cover up to 9 miles with high-sensitivity GPS receiver and transmitter. It is easy to track your dog’s current position with a top-mounted T5 flexible braided steel antenna. A 2.6 inches bright color display helps to read the ratings easily in any light.
- Garmin Astro 320 is a Radio-based GPS Collar
- High sensitivity GLONASS transmitter with flexible antenna
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- 20-40 hours Battery life
- It has 1inch orange collar strap, belt clip, 5-inch standard & 13 inches extended range antennas
- AC adapter, charge clip, USB and vehicle power cable
7. Best GPS Pet Trackers – Pod Tracker Review
Pod tracker is a GPS based tracking system can be attached to any size collar to observe your pet’s current location. This device also helps to record your dog’s overall movement on the smartphone or computer. The updated version of this Pod offers WiFi facilities to deliver faster signals to locate your pooch.
- Pod Tracker locate your pet in indoors and outdoors
- Pod Pet Tracker receive alerts on your phone when your pet leaves the boundary
- It monitors your pet’s fitness levels to ensure optimum activity level
- Due to continuous tracking, it can record up to 8 hours
- According to Pod tracker review, it works in 175 countries around the world
8. Best Real-Time Gps Tracker – Spy Tec Stigl300 Review
It is the perfect choice whether you want to track your pet, vehicle, elderly peoples or valuable equipment of your company. It is very small in size only 3 inches in length and 8 ounces in weight to fit almost anywhere. The waterproof magnetic case allows this tracker to attach with any vehicle or asset. The cutting edge GPS technology confirms a tight placement on the tracker’s location for highest accuracy. The battery life continuously supports more than 2 weeks and the device has the capacity to stores data for up to a year.
- Spy Tec GPS device is the perfect tracking system for pets, vehicles, teens, elder persons, spouses or assets
- Real-time tracker can track and map over the internet
- Compact size attaches to vehicle or belt and inserts in the backpack
- Spy tracker gets text or email when pets leave the designated area
- $25 monthly subscription fee but no installation and cancellation fees
9. Best GPS Locator for Dogs – Yepzon Review
Yepzon One is one of the best GPS tracker specially designed for tracking pets and small children. It is a buttonless device, so it can’t be turned off. It is very easy to use, just connect this tracker to a smartphone and attach this device to anything then follow the moving target easily through the mobile app. It also works where GMS networks are activated. It is also one of the safest GPS tracker in the world.
- Yepzon tracks the location in every 10 seconds while moving
- It is easy to install Yepzon App on any mobile device
- Yepzon provides data security so that you can share the locator’s user rights
- Through Yepzon review, its battery life lasts a couple of weeks in the month
- $4.95 monthly fee but free for the first month and no installation and cancellation charges
10. Best Pet Monitoring Tracking System – Marco Polo Pet Tracker Review
The macro polo tracker is a handheld portable locator allows more two additional collar tags and ready for tracking up to three pets. It weighs only 1.75 ounces and very suitable for pets are more than 10 pounds. This tracker can cover up to 2 miles and guide you directly to the exact location where your dogs are hiding.
- Marco polo pet tracker activate by a single button-push and begin to search in real-time distance
- Efficient to monitor 3 pets simultaneously with four programmable safety areas
- Marco polo dog tracker is totally self-contained and works at anywhere
- Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries continuously run up to 90 days
- No GPS or cellular network required and no monthly subscription contracts
What are the Strategies of GPS Tracker?
A GPS (Global Positioning System) tracker unit is normally used for tracking the moving vehicle, persons or pet animals. There are two types of GPS trackers for dogs, one is subscription-based keep attached to a dog’s collar and another is subscription-free designed for the different purpose.
According to their functionality, these devices also divided into two types and these are Radio-based trackers and GSM-based cellular trackers. Actually, Radio Collars are designed for tracking wild animals or hunting dogs. It is the most reliable device for tracking dogs within the highest range of area. Though these trackers are subscription-free but expensive to purchase.
Cellular trackers arrived with new technology that generally maintains the communication between dog’s receivers to owner’s phone. These are useful for casual tracking of your dog’s location but can’t cover the large range of area like Radio dog trackers. They are low in price but users have to pay a monthly subscription fee.
Types of Dog GPS Collar or Tracker
GPS is a modern technology stands for “Global Positioning System” attached within a collar to detect the location. It is common that we are tracking our friends via social media, our kids via cell phone apps; similarly, we can track our dogs via a GPS microchip. Usually, there are two types of pet trackers in the market and these are:
- Subscription-based pet GPS trackers
- Non-subscription based dog GPS trackers
These two are designed for different purposes, the first one can be attached to the dog’s collar and the other one is specially designed with a receiver without any subscription plan.
A GPS dog tracker may work in two ways like radio-based trackers or cellular-based tracker. Cellular dog trackers are designated with a subscription-based system where radio trackers are free on their own. On the other hand, Radio dog collars are most significant and specially designed for tracking wild animals and hunting dogs. These are the most reliable tracking system help to cover the highest range, even hundreds of miles as walkie-talkies. Though they have no subscription fee, but the price range is a bit high, within $200 to $1,000 per device.
Cellular GPS dog collars contain modern technology, which is special for connecting the receiver’s location through your cellular device. Sometimes these are used casually to track your pet. Though these GPS dog collars have so many useful features, but these are cheaper in price with a monthly subscription system.
Standard Microchip vs GPS Microchip
There is no alternative to use a microchip within the GPS tracker because, as a permanent cheap it allows quick recovery if your dog is lost or taken out. Normally, microchips embedded internally and divided into two basic types for their different functions. Here is highlighted a basic discussion about GPS Microchip and Standard Microchip.
The standard microchip is also known as internal microchip which is inserted into the dog’s skin and holds the detailed information of the chip ID, dog and the dog’s owner. If anybody finds a dog that contains a microchip, he can easily retrieve all information about the dog by scanning the implanted chip and can hand over to the original owner. Standard microchip doesn’t help you to track the dog for observing the real-time activity.
The GPS microchip sets externally on the dog’s collar and transmits nonstop signals to observe the real-time position of your dog. These trackers also send notification and information about dog health and its activity level.
Why Should Dog Owners Need to Use GPS Collar?
Nowadays, there are different technologies are used in the dog tracking system and these are indispensable for dog owners to use. Some of the most common reasons are given below for which pet owners decide to collect an ideal GPS dog collar.
- To provide a guard against dog losing or theft issue.
- Offering some freedom of outdoor activities.
- Travelling safely with the dog.
- Keep in touch during hunting.
- Offers to get special training.
- Easier to track and save their dog if lost.
- Facilitate to realize their dog’s regular habit.
Besides these, there are so many other vital reasons to collect GPS collar for dogs. After starting to use this system you will be fully dependent on it and feel free to get the benefit of this tracker chip.
Significant Features of GPS Dog Tracker
- Risk of Harm: At any time, your dog can go away from home without your consent and there is a massive chance of missing it. Every second after missing your dog enhances the possibility of losing it permanently. But a GPS tracking device can escape you from this mental stress by sending out continuous notifications about its running activity with the exact location.
- Moving: Normally, dog owners carry their pooch to get a good company when going out near or far for relaxation. But it is difficult to look after an aggressive dog for 24 hours when the area is totally unfamiliar and risky. There is a very low possibility to get back a missing dog in this type of location. Fortunately, a GPS tracker can get rid you from these concerns.
- Aggressive Dogs: Many dog owners consider digging to be a great problem when dogs destroy the yard and messed gates or fences from underneath. Aggressive dogs have the ability to jump over the barrier and sometimes it would be dangerous for both the dog and owners. Digging is also bad for the dog’s health and overall well-being. So, when a dog continuously repeats these behaviors, the owner may become frustrated and hardly try to control it. A GPS collar may highly support the owner to resist his dog from all unnatural behaviors.
- Dog Napping: There is a market to buy and sell stolen dogs where anyone can choose and purchase a dog at a very low price. Animal theft is a serious problem rapidly increases day by day. If you do not stay at home all the time with your pooch, there is a possibility to lose it by intruders from home at any time. The good news is that in these cases a tracking device can save your dog from being stolen and also can detect the thief immediately.
- Safety: It is another significant feature of GPS device offers to save your dog’s life. This system can track a dog’s present location and insist to get back while crossing the safe zone. It can also track your dog’s activity level and sends the signal to the owner for any irregularities. In this way, an owner can realize the energy level of his dog and may take all necessary steps.
Factors to Consider before Purchasing GPS Dog Collars
There are some basic considerations you should follow before choosing a Dog GPS Collar:
Actually, GPS collars are designed to track your dog’s current position and observe their overall performances. Often, activity trackers contain built-in GPS technology to record your pet’s activity level and relevant data. It is also effective to sort out your dog for any kinds of behavioral changes that indicate disabilities or illness.
Normally, these are small in size and lightweight. General trackers are not suitable for large dogs and the biggest collars may be unfitted also for small breeds. Now a day, the wrong sized GPS devices are the leading cause of the dog’s injury. A tight collar prevents normal blood circulation around the neck and helps to grow harmful bacteria which may prior cause of skin infection. So, before purchasing a dog tracker ensure your dog’s weight and size perfectly.
The common feature of this tracker is lightweight so that the dog doesn’t feel any burden when wearing into the neck. It provides your dogs enough confidence and motivation to move freely.
A perfect tracking device gives your pet the freedom to move on a certain range of playground. The recognized area is at least 5 feet to more than 250 feet, which depends on the strength of the collar. The particular range always alerts your dog about its movement and security.
The type of technology is also an important consideration for choosing a GPS tracker. Every device does not contain the same technology and that is why you should justify the working process of the tracker before purchasing. Dog tracking system begins with radio technology and you have to be in perfect range to locate your dog’s position. At present, tracking devices use GPS technology which offers more precision to locate your dog in the wide-area range.
Before purchasing this device, the significant thing you should remember about the durability of the device. Obviously, a good GPS system should be waterproof and hit resistant if your dog likes to swim or play on the hard surface. A long-lasting durable tracker is tremendous for playful animals used to play on hard surfaces.
It is another vital factor to choose a quality GPS collar. All tracking devices contain a rechargeable battery. Short battery life enhances the possibility of charging out within a short time, where long-lasting batteries support up to more than a week. You should remember that GPS tracking systems are fully depend on battery life and if suddenly you recognize the power of the battery is empty then your pet may be fall in risk.
There are some trackers help you to detect the current location of your pet. If the dog crosses the range of the device sends a notification via phone. Actually, this feature releases you from stress and saves you plenty of time.
Price is another important criterion to evaluate a GPS dog collar. To get a clear idea of price, here we have evaluated some top-level GPS tracker with their functional quality. Some devices are more costly but they are the highest in their quality.
Importance of Using GPS Collar for Dog
- Like small children, dogs can more likely to lose only for the lacking of proper parental supervision. In every year, many pet owners lose their pooches from house courtyard or during moving away to travel.
- The main purpose of inventing GPS tracking unit is observing the current location of the dog and its overall activity. There are also some other vital reasons why a pet proprietor wants to collect a GPS tracking device for his dog.
- If you have a working dog and remain busy almost all day long for various activities, you should keep a close eye on it. But, if you have a GPS collar you can simply take care of it from one place.
- GPS devices also work as harmless invisible containment systems to protect your dog. It creates a predefined boundary area so that you can control your dog’s overall activities. Some pet owners use this device simply to train their canines.
- Now a day, GPS tracking devices are more functional also can track your dog almost anywhere in the home or outside. A quality tracker can save your money, time and reduce anxiety about your dog’s safety. Though it is a bit costly to purchase but can completely control your dog any time at anywhere.
We are confident that, you have enjoyed all GPS dog collar reviews and learned about various tracking devices and systems to provide maximum protection to your dog. We know, millions of pets are lost every year where a GPS dog collar can retrieve most of them. So, use the best suit regarding your pooch and feel free to get the highest effort to protect your dog for 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is the best GPS tracker for dogs?
Answer: Whistle is the best GPS tracker for dogs that features advanced GPS location tracking with the largest wireless network to track your dog wherever they go. Through this collar, you will receive an alert if the pet leaves its designated Whistle zone.
Question: Is Garmin coming out with a new dog tracking system?
Answer: The Garmin is an invaluable Multi-dog Tracking GPS and Remote Training Device which is most choice able for Professional Tracker. It comes with Tri-Tronics electronic dog training technology and 18 levels of continuous stimulation or vibe command to track your dog. The Alpha 100 helps you to achieve the best performance for sporting dogs.
Question: What should be the minimum age for your dog to use the GPS tracking device?
Answer: Basically, dog tracking devices are suitable for dogs those are above 3.5 kg weight with 34.5 cm neck size. It is better if the dog able to realize basic obedience commands such as “stay”, “sit”, “eat”, “come”, “go”
Question: How does a GPS dog tracking collar work?
Answer: Basically, a GPS dog tracking collar sends radio signals to the GPS unit with the particular location of your pet. The GPS unit shows the information on your MAP SCREEN so that you can observe your dog’s real-time location, direction, and other’s movement.
Question: Are GPS tracking systems functional for aggressive dogs?
Answer: Actually, you can teach your dog some basic lessons by using this type of trackers. For instance, a GPS tracker is able to modify your dog’s unwanted behavior and reduce aggressiveness by growing its sense of wrong and right.
Question: What will happen if anybody removes the collar from my dog’s neck?
Answer: Normally, you will receive an alarm when the dog crosses the area and this notification is the best prevention against pet theft. Practically, it is quite impossible to remove a collar from a dog’s neck without the consent of its owner. So, as a pet owner, you can stay free from pet theft issue when starting to use GPS tracking systems.
Question: Can I use the GPS tracker inside my car?
Answer: Yes, you can. If you stay inside the car without your dog then within a certain range you will get signals about your dog’s current location and activities. When the car reaches very close to the dog you can stop the car and sends signals to pick your loving pooch to the car.
Question: Is it effective when I try to add a lead to the GPS tracker device?
Answer: You should not attach a lead to the GPS system but if you feel to use then try to add a non-metallic collar to your dog’s neck separately and add a lead.
Question: Are GPS collars can save my dog inside water?
Answer: Obviously, the technology is waterproof and it is vital to use when the dog like to swim in the pool. You can use a collar underwater to a depth of 7.62m.
Question: How many dogs I can track by a single GPS tracker?
Answer: The number of dogs you can totally depend on the capacity of the tracker which you use. There are some quality trackers available on the market can track up to a hundred dogs individually. Though you shouldn’t track more than one dog at a time through one system unit, but it can track different dogs separately.
Question: Is it possible to carry the receiver in the open place?
Answer: Of course, you can bring the tracking unit with you when travelling in a free place. It is easy to carry through a belt holster and larger systems are designed to keep in a vehicle for locating dogs.
Question: Can you implant a GPS in your dog?
Answer: It is a misconception and not healthful to implant a GPS tracker in your dog. First of all, a GPS tracker even the smallest size is too big to be implanted under the dog’s skin. On the other hand, GPS trackers come with an integrated battery which needs to be charged every now and there is no way to charge the battery when implanted under the dog’s skin. Moreover, the lithium-ion battery comes with certain health risks for pets.
Question: How much does it cost to put a GPS chip in a dog?
Answer: Veterinarians charge around $45 to implant a microchip as a one-time fee includes registration. If you purchase a dog from a breeder, it may already have a microchip.