When it needs to use electric dog collars, you have maybe encountered some critical questions like “Do they hurt the dog?” “Are they ethical?” “Do they work properly?”
Usually, Pet owners become too much sensitive about their pooch and do not think any positive thing about training collars due to unawareness of its proper functional mechanism.
It is very important to know that, quality collars are exceptionally safe and effective to train your dog. So, you should always prefer one of the best electric collars to get the highest benefits and ensures your dog’s optimum safety at training time.
Basically, these devices help to control your dog’s common behavioral issues by applying all necessary commands and instructions. Then, after a certain period of time the dog trained up completely and eligible to follow almost every command you generate from this device. It also helps to keep your dog more relaxed, safe and secure in every situation.
So, considering the importance we do a deep research and make a list of top 10 electric collars with detailed reviews to help you find the best one for your dog’s overall well-being.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Best E-Collars for Dog Training in 2021 – Reviews
- 1.1 1. Our Top Pick – Dog Care Training Collar
- 1.2 2. Runner Up – Slopehill Dog Training Collar
- 1.3 3. Best Budget – PATPET Dog Training Collar
- 1.4 4. Best Training Collar for Small Dogs – TBI Pro
- 1.5 5. Best Training Collar for Large Dogs – Two Dogwidgets
- 1.6 6. Best Rechargeable Dog Training Collar – Petsafe Pdt00-12470
- 1.7 7. Best Remote Dog Training Collar – Petrainers PET998DRB1
- 1.8 8. Best Hunting Dog Training Collar – Sportdog Sd-425 Fieldtrainer
- 1.9 9. Best E Collars for Dogs – Educator 300
- 1.10 10. Best Waterproof Dog Training Collar – NVK
- 2 What is an Electric Dog Collar?
- 3 Why is it used for?
- 4 How Does Electronic Dog Training Collar Work?
- 5 Types of Electric Dog Training Collars
- 6 Top 5 Dog Training Collar Brands Forever
- 7 Various Simulation Modes of Electronic Collar
- 8 Things to Consider Before Buying an Electric Collar for Dogs
- 9 Benefits of Training Collars for Dog
- 10 Important Tips
- 11 Final Thoughts
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions
Best E-Collars for Dog Training in 2021 – Reviews
1. Our Top Pick – Dog Care Training Collar
With a long remote range and battery-operated design, the electric dog collar is popular among pet owner
This Dog Care Collar is the best pick on our list, and you can buy it for dogs 15 lbs to 100 lbs. Thus, it is the perfect choice for both puppies and adult dogs. The package includes a remote, and you can find 3 training modes available with it.
Shock, Beep, and Vibration are the major modes that let you teach different commands to your pet. Make your dog more obedient with this specially designed collar. When you find behavior problems in your dog, you can solve them with it.
It is better to try the Vibration and Beep modes first. While you find no response to these models, you can choose the Static mode. Static stimulation at a low level is the safest option.
As there is a very long remote range, you can enjoy both outdoor hiking and indoor training with your doggie. This remote range also ensures better performance during the dog training session.
Train your pet to fetch an object, catch a ball, and do other activities. You do not need to use a choke collar and a leash. Thus, training a dog becomes easy with this device.
The best fact is that you can train up to 9 dogs using one remote transmitter. The receiver’s lithium-ion battery lasts for about 15 days, while the remote’s standby time is 45 days.
- Waterproof design makes it appropriate for outdoor use
- The remote range is up to 330 yards
- Long battery life for effective and uninterrupted dog training
- It has a security keypad lock to use the remote properly.
- Designed for dogs of all size
2. Runner Up – Slopehill Dog Training Collar
With a high-quality battery and an LED strap, this collar is best to train multiple dogs
Slopehill Collar features an innovative design that holds the runner-up position in this list. This useful and effective model has a high functional value. You can buy this product when your dog weight ranges from 5 to 140 lbs.
The adjustable strap length covers from 8 to 26 inches. Based on your dogs’ size, you can adjust the length. There are four training modes, including Beep, Vibration, LED, and Shock. The vibration and shock levels can be between 0 and 99.
Choose the right training mode and get the best result. This device ensures double protection, as there are rubber covers and conductive silicone points. You can train three dogs at a time by using the remote transmitter. By clicking a button, you may choose the right channel.
The package includes a USB charging cable, and you will find it easy to recharge the battery. Moreover, the reflective strap has an LED light to let you identify your pet easily. The battery-operated remote and receiver have a long standby time.
Using this collar, you can correct your pets’ bad habits, like biting, chewing, jumping, barking, chasing, and digging.
- Multiple training modes for more productive use
- The remote-control range is 866 yards/2600 feet
- Include an ip68 waterproof receiver
- Designed for dogs of different breeds
- Helps to teach basic commands, like Stay and Sit
3. Best Budget – PATPET Dog Training Collar
This wireless remote training collar has a strong strap, and available in multiple colors
Patpet Dog Collar is the best-budget product, and thus, you will get the ultimate value with minimal investment. The nylon strap of about 29″ is perfect for small to large dogs. However, while your dog’s weight is below 10 lbs, you can reduce the length. Some dogs have a habit of biting the long strap. That is why you must adjust the length based on your needs.
You will not encounter a problem when your dog has long, thick hair. Short contact points do not work with thick hair. Thus, Patpet has offered long contact pieces present on your receiver. The contact area will be bigger, and you will find the best outcome.
There are three training modes – Beep, Vibration, and Shock. The vibration level can range from 1 to 8, while the shock level is between 1 and 16. Choose the right mode and teach your lovely dog to embrace good behavior.
However, you have to know the right way of operating the Shock mode. When this mode does not work, you need to check your battery. Moreover, you must re-position the receiver every 1 to 2 hours.
Overall, this collar is very useful for dogs, and the package includes Contact Points, Conductive Silicone, and a Test Light.
- Comfortable nylon belt adjustable from 7.8 to 24.8 inches
- Long remote range- Up to 1000 feet
- You can train 2 dogs at a time
- A compact remote-control model
- Appropriate for all size dogs
4. Best Training Collar for Small Dogs – TBI Pro
We have chosen it as the best small dog training collar. It has a highly engineered design with an integrated processor. The microprocessor also has an advanced design, and it helps in sending out a strong signal.
The thoroughly tested collar has a remote range of about 2000 feet. You can buy this item for dogs of about 10 to 100lbs. The reflective strap length is easy to adjust.
The buttons on the remote are clearly displayed, and you will find it easy to click on the right one. Make your dog training sessions successful using this simple device.
There are three training modes- Beep, Vibration, and Flash. Based on the chosen training modes, the vibration and signal can be adjustable at 100 levels. Stimulate your pet at the optimal level.
The rechargeable Li-ion battery needs 2 hours for a full charge, and you can use it for up to 15 days. Thus, you can try out this electric device for your pets.
- Overvoltage protection ensuring a lasting value
- 100% waterproof design
- Highly protective mode for safe training
- Easy to fit reflective strap for your dog’s neck
- High-quality Li-ion battery for longer use
5. Best Training Collar for Large Dogs – Two Dogwidgets
Dog widgets collars are highly recommended for Large Dogs feature strong vibrate and shocks to remove your dog’s all bad behaviors. They are waterproof and most powerful like other shock collars we have reviewed above.
It comes with simple remote control design to send vibration and shocks. Most of the time only one strong vibration signal prevents your dog to show bad manners. It fits for all dogs are in between 6 to 100 pounds.
Here is an offer for some dog lovers who have not enough capability to collect any of these top rated collars have prices are more than $100. The offer for you “a pair of shock collar by less than $70”.
These are the 4-star product on Amazon have more than 800 surveys. They work within 600 feet range of area that has 1 level of vibration and 2 levels of shocks.
To provide better training your dog uses this device with vibration mode. These are very safe and helpful for regular training, bouncing on individuals and chasing.
- Most suitable for large dogs
- Can cover 600 foot range of area
- Rechargeable collar receiver
- Works well for dogs from 15lbs to 100lbs
- Strongly helps to prevent unwanted behaviors
- Very effective, keep your dog safe and comfortable
6. Best Rechargeable Dog Training Collar – Petsafe Pdt00-12470
If you are looking for the best rechargeable dog collar, then PetSafe Park might be the right one for you. It is a special type of device offers so many reliable options that pet proprietors love to use.
It is lightweight and has enough flexibility to use that allows 800 yards of range in both indoor and outdoor training. There are 8 adjustable levels of static stimulation and 2 tones level sends the signal to repair behavior.
It adjusts easily in the palm and you can freely execute the training method to guide your dog. From the different stimulation levels, you can locate the perfect balance for your pooch and can adjust when needed.
This rechargeable remote collar helps you to control your dog from stop jumping, pulling, digging and other behaviors. It is good for all sizes and fits neck sizes up to 28 inches.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor using
- Trained up to three dogs at the same time
- Waterproof collar
- Can cover 800 Yard range
- Good for all sized dogs
7. Best Remote Dog Training Collar – Petrainers PET998DRB1
Petrainer has designed this product as the best collar for remote training. You can buy it for dogs of different sizes, including the small and large ones. The product length is adjustable and based on your dog’s size, and you can adjust this length.
Control your pet with the wireless device easily from anywhere, as the remote range can cover up to 330 yards. While you are roaming freely, your dog will be under your control. You can train your canine pet in the park, yard, and any other place.
You can let your dog learn the corrective behavior using the three modes- Static, Beep, and Vibration. The vibration level can be up to 100 levels. You can safely train your pet using the right mode.
As the electronic collar is made of nylon, it does not cause an issue with your dog’s sensitive skin. When you train your dog at night, you can choose the light mode.
- The length can range from 14 to 25 inches
- Ensure a long wireless remote range
- Long battery life for consistent performance
- Waterproof rechargeable collar and transmitter
- Automatic standby with a power-saving design
8. Best Hunting Dog Training Collar – Sportdog Sd-425 Fieldtrainer
Sportdog SD-425 is another topmost electric collar has 7 levels of stimulation (low to medium) and can be used on dogs those are 8 pounds and up. It is ideal for large dog breeds; particularly those are extremely interested in running or hunting.
It can cover 500-yard range and can be applied on 3 dogs to train at the same time with the same remote transmitter. The transmitter’s dial permits you to instantly change the stimulation level from the low to medium range. For instance, you have the opportunity to make the option to train with beep tone or vibration mode.
The rechargeable lithium-ion battery becomes fully charged only in 2 hours, but lasts up to 50-70 hours per charge. A low battery indicator includes with both transmitter and receiver, but starts charging automatically by a split-end-charger.
Moreover, this SportDOG Hunting collar rich with market-dominating technology, including the most dependable system to make good communication through your dog’s attitude and learning capacity.
This is the most recognized brand in the electronic tracking and training categories dedicated in the cold, snow, rain, dust, mud, wind and almost in the all atmospheres.
- Features 500-yard range
- Can be trained 3 dogs with the same transmitter
- Can be submerged in up to 25 feet of water
- Allows 7 levels of static stimulation
- The lithium-ion battery can last up to 50-70 hours per charge
9. Best E Collars for Dogs – Educator 300
An educator is recognized as the best E collar for dogs which is safe, humane, helps to improve effectiveness and reduces stress on your dog. This is built to ensure the highest quality standards within extreme environmental dog training situations. Usually, it uses the lowest levels of “blunt” stimulus to enhance your dog’s positive behavior.
The Educator E-collar is designed to cover up to half (1/2) mile range. It is a reliable and most advanced electronic collar ideal for dogs those are 5 pounds or larger in weight. The well-suited mini ergonomic stopwatch transmitter delivers intensive tapping sensation similar to standard vibration makes it more effective. It is fully assembled and tested in the USA to ensure optimum quality.
- Innovative and advance E-collar with ergonomic design
- Available small receiver for dogs are more than 4 pounds
- Delivers a tapping sensation like vibration
- Rechargeable lithium battery with dual charger
- Lasts 70-75 hours by charging only 2 hours
- Assembled in the USA
10. Best Waterproof Dog Training Collar – NVK
As the best waterproof collar, NVK Training collar has gained the attention of several pet owners. It does not get damaged due to rainfall and splash of water. Your dog will also enjoy his bath while wearing it.
The specially designed model remains unaffected underwater for about 30 minutes. You can train four dogs by using this device. Use the remote to control these dogs and teach them to follow your commands.
You can choose any of the three training modes- Static, Vibration, and Tone modes with one remote. The static level can be up to 99, while the vibration mode is between 1 and 9. To operate the receiver, you need to press the button for 5 seconds.
The battery needs about 2 to 3 hours for full charging, and you can use it continuously for 6 hours. There are contact points with conductive silicone caps to prevent those points from hurting your dog.
- The remote range of about 1600 feet
- Easy to control modes with one button
- Fully waterproof device for comfortable use
- Include a wrist strap for pet owners
- Easy and quick to charge lithium batteries
What is an Electric Dog Collar?
The electric collar is specially formed with electronic parts that should be placed around the neck of your dog, and it can be controlled through a handheld remote. Each collar has two prongs help to generate corrections by utilizing the remote, and you can adjust the strength of the correction to ensure that is not too strong or too weak.
Sometimes, the term “electric collar” may be a bit confusing due to various names like training collars, e-collars, shock collars or remote training collars.
Why is it used for?
Ensure Safety: Electric collar makes an invisible boundary to protect your dog from going away, annoying neighbors, unexpected car accident, casing other pets or hurts others. By using this device, the dog feels a shock whenever tries to cross the boundary itself. And this way a pet can guess the property line it should not pass out.
Reduce Excessive Barking: An electric collar ensures a shake to the dog’s body when senses your dog has been barking excessively. If the dog does not stop barking and increase the intensity, the shock also automatically increased to discourage him. Usually, you can use the collar manually to warn the dog and teach some ethical behaviors primarily. After a certain period of learning, you can step into the automatic process very easily.
Develop Good Manners: Sometimes it is badly needed to enhance your dog’s behavioral issues like aggressive chewing, salivating, unnecessary barking or moving other where without your consent. With the help of an electric collar, you can easily observe your dog’s overall behavior and subjugated if necessary. After using a few days a dog can automatically realize when he should stop to do undesirable behaviors.
Safeguard: It is a great tool to protect your pet from any unwanted danger may occur from other violent animal, people or discarded food. It can be safe for your household goods from your dog’s unwanted chewing.
How Does Electronic Dog Training Collar Work?
Though people know electronic collars by different names, but the one thing that, they all have similar essential functions they do. These allow dogs to practice all necessary learning to understand most good behaviors and eliminate or limit any bad behavior if they try to exhibit. You can also start some kind of positive punishment by using this device to stop unwanted manners everyone dislikes.
An E-Collar has a wireless electronic receiving collar allows you to send different types of remote signals to your dog in order to teach a lesson. It offers different functions permit you to transfer a stimulating sensation, a vibration or a tone to the dog. If you can send signals correctly, it won’t hurt your dog but generate some excellent result.
Pet proprietors can set the frequency, intensity, and duration of the shock by using the remote device. To get the best response, dog owners can spend some training time with their pet. Sometimes, the device may stressful for dogs, but most of the time it keeps safe your dog’s life. After using a certain period, the dog will no longer need the collar, but you will see some extensive changes in their behavior.
Types of Electric Dog Training Collars
Electric Collars are divided into two categories based on controlling aggressive barking and modifying ill behavior.
- Bark Control Collar: These are specially manufactured for reducing incursive barking by delivering the shock to your dog. Mainly, these types of devices get started by the sound of barking or vibration. To get the optimum output, you must know how to manage it properly.
- Remote Training Collar: These are also known as remote collars designed to train your dog about all necessary commands like sit, stay, go, come, etc. You can send signals through this device to generate shocks in your dog’s body to discourage bad practices.
Top 5 Dog Training Collar Brands Forever
There are numerous manufacturer companies devoted to producing training collars for the dog, but few of them are dominating the market for their extreme quality from the beginning. Here we have picked out such top brands that you can trust to provide quality training for your dog.
- SportDog: It is the most recognized brand dedicated to producing the best quality items to ensure higher productivity than any other brands on the market. Dog owners, become much more satisfied to use these products and marked as the top-rated by reviewing them.
- Dogtra: This brand structured for the most demanding conditions focuses on generating the best user-friendly electric collar system. These are renowned for original stimulation and exact correction levels, always control the dog’s behavior based on their temperament.
- PetSafe: Always produce the most popular and creative tools in pet training, containment, safety, and lifestyle. PetSafe has built their position as top-level pet product producer in the world by applying their knowledge and quality. These devices assist dog owners to sort out their pets if go out of range, and provide better care with overall wellness at home.
- D.T. Systems: Dedicated to generating most advance collar units for pets since 1983. They are the only manufacturer company first time introduced state-of-the-art technology into their system, that makes it accessible in the electric collar industry forever. These are lightweight, comfortable, and convenient to use.
- Garmin: Garmin innovates GPS tracking technology to identify the accurate position of the dog. They have used the older radio telemetry RF system to observe the real-time activities of the pets. Garmin has developed Tri-Tronics and devoted technology to ensure high- quality electronic pet tracking device.
Various Simulation Modes of Electronic Collar
It is necessary to know the overall capacity, requirements and multiple applications of dog collars to get the optimum output. Here is a detailed overview of various modes helps you to understand the functionality and capability of each system.
- Nonstop Mode: It is one of the standard features permits stimulation to your dog as long you hold down the push button. This mode is preferable for adapting with new commands. Modern devies included a built-in safety cut off within around e seconds per push. It is useful for dog owners to prevent over-correcting his dog.
- Temporary Mode: This feature delivers a short but quick signal to the receiver whose durability the only fraction of a second even you hold down the remote for a long time. In this regard, you can fix the intensity level as you like. It is useful for the dog who already knows about basic commands.
- Vibration Mode: Vibration mode is the built-in feature set into some collars produce vibration before a continuous or momentary static correction. You can deliver commands just using the vibration mode of the collar.
- Jump Mode: Jump mode allows you to set multiple levels of intensity on the remote and deliver signals for easy jumping. Higher intensity settings ensure to send a correction for the high jump.
- Tone Mode: The tone method helps to train your dog by receiving commands with an auditory tone signal. This feature is suitable for early training of your dog. Obviously, the vibration mode is much favorite than the tone in hunting situations.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Electric Collar for Dogs
Here are five factors to consider before buying an electric collar for dogs. Although some or all of them not suit you, we have detailed all the possible factors below.
As a dog owner, it is vital to consider your dog’s overall happiness in every situation. When the first time your dog wears a collar, you should think the intensity settings by observing the reaction to the shocks. Sometimes the lowest intensity is enough to change your dog’s bad behavior rather than more. You should also sort out a harmless collar which fits accurately on your dog’s neck.
There are some collars provide constant stimulation. Typically, a button included with the collar and after pressing the button, a shock generates to the dog for 5 seconds at a time. There are some other types produce momentary stimulation to the dog, but no matter how long you hold the button.
It is useful to examine your dog’s natural behavior before deciding to purchase an electric collar. Less stimulation is enough for a relaxed dog, but whether your dog is aggressive or forceful, it may need repetitive and robust shock to control it. You should not provide a training collar to a puppy under six months or 8lbs, and it is also harmful to a dog that is suffering from illness, injury or poor health.
You should also discover the dog collar that is durable and long-lasting. Some companies offer a different warranty or guaranty periods and loyal of any defective goods. You can follow several product reviews to get detailed knowledge and then select the best one according to your requirements. Waterproof collars are long-lasting and more effective when you take your dog for hunting.
Make a budget before collecting the device which you like most. It may bit costly to manage a quality dog collar, but it fits properly on your dog’s neck and performs much better than any excessively cheap or ordinary collars.
Benefits of Training Collars for Dog
There are enormous benefits, and it is indispensable to train up your dog in any situation. Here, we have described some essential amenities can be extremely helpful for you to analyze.
- Eliminate excessive barking and jumping: Some dogs like to bark everywhere in every situation even all night long which can be very annoying for dog owners. The electric collar helps you to completely reduce the sound of barking and let you live in peace at home. Sometimes, dogs love to show affection by jumping onto dog owners, but it would be dangerous for the child and senior people. Dog’s paws may carry harmful parasites and transfer by jumping. So a training collar can help to stop the unnecessary jumping behavior.
- Control Destructive Behavior: We know chewing is a common destructive behavior of pet dog and even they can destroy your essential documents, furniture, footwear, and other essential elements. A training collar can rescue you from their aggressive behavior. Like chewing, dogs are skilled in digging, house courtyard by their paws and hiding necessary things. So, you can also stop digging by stimulating the static correction and save your home from uncleanliness.
- Provide Proper Training: It also save your money when you do not hire any professional to train your dog for developing good behavior. By providing proper training, you can adapt your dog with all good manners whatever you like and eliminate all monkey business.
- Change your dog into well-behaved: There is no other obedient pet in the world accept dog when they behave properly. But unfortunately, they show a very unpleasant attitude when do not get any training. So, it becomes very necessary to eliminate all dynamic behavior from your dog and get used with good manners. The safety measure of a collar can assist you to change your dog into polite and obedient all the time.
Related Post: Best Electronic Dog Door
You must be careful and sincere while using e-collar and here we have provided some guidelines included with your device.
Set the Contact Point Accurately: At first, ensure that the contact point of the electric collar fits appropriately on the dog’s neck. To provide authentic stimulation, it is compulsory to set the contact points nicely against the neck. If you observe the stimulations are not appropriate enough, you should need to tighten the collar more.
You also have to make sure that, the contact point touches the skin of the dog’s body and it may help you to issue contacts consistently. Moreover, you can set the collar on the dog’s neck without using the remote so that, the dog feels comfortable and grow positive mentality to wear the collar.
Begin with Low Intensity: Always try to start training with commands so that the dogs can familiar with the starting time and show a positive response. In the beginning, set the lowest setting and gradually increases the intensity level that your dog can tolerate the shock. Most of the time vibration modes are activated when delivering stimulation to alert your dog.
After a few training sessions, it seems likely that your dog will show positive response, whether you apply stimulation or not. Remember, your dog may feel irritated if the collar sets either too loose or too tight and you should make a quick adjustment to recover this situation. It should not wear a shock collar more than 8 hours a day for a dog to prevent irritation. You are not suggested to attach any other metal or leash to the collar because it may create undesirable pressure from the contact point and your dog feels discomfort during training time.
There is some dispute about using electronic collars for dog training, but the proper using of these devices keep your pet safe and trained up with all positive manners. These devices offer your pet greater freedom to enjoy his living world. When a dog shows aggressive behavior, chasing cars, or ill-behaved, then most of the owner prefers a dog training collar instead of any other alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best electric dog collar?
The Dogra 1900NCP Field Star is the most popular and renowned e-collar in the market. It can cover up to the half-mile range and allow it to train and hunt in harsh elements. A particular collar comes with a rechargeable battery, a charger, test light and 127 static levels of correction.
How long will it take to train up my dog by using remote training collars?
Apparently, it depends on your dog’s understanding level and the complexity of the command. But approximately you can try ten minutes, twice a day for 15 days to complete the beginning level.
Does the static correction injure my dog?
It is one of the most common questions about using the electronic collar. But there is no possibility to injure your dog when applying electronic stimulations. It is 100% safe and helpful for your dog to control bad behaviors.
Are there any alternatives for electrical stimulations?
Yes, there are some manufacturers supply collars can be used in vibration mode, tone mode, jump mode, and these alternatives are useful for dog training.
How do I set the correct stimulation level before using the collar?
Initially, you should use the minimum level of intensity and increase gradually how much your dog can tolerate. After a few days, it may happen, your dog is receiving the highest level stimulation without showing any reaction.
How much range of distance can a remote collar cover?
The range may differ according to the capacity of the collar. Usually, short-range used in yards or parks, medium-range devices can cover up to two miles, and broad range collar systems can work as far as ten miles. So, you can choose the method regarding the area of your training space.
At what age, my puppy can use an electronic collar?
The recommended age of your puppy is 5 to 6 months. At the time when your puppy can easily bear the weight and can able to follow your instruction then you can offer a training collar on its neck.
What should be the minimum weight of my dog for using a training collar?
For small dogs or puppies, the minimum weight should be 8 pounds. But you should check out the weight of the collar before purchasing.
How long my puppy can wear the collar continuously?
Of course, it shouldn’t wear a collar for more than 12 hours at a time for your dog. Otherwise, it may cause bedsores or harmful disease.
Are electronic dog collars cruel?
These are not intended to torture your furry friends, these are designed to control and train your dogs effectively. Sometimes electronic collars send static shocks to reduce your dog’s aggressive behavior, but these are safe, not cruel for them.
Do e-collars hurt dogs?
In the past, e-collars had various stimulation levels and they could be very unpleasant for dogs. But now these are fully adjustable and divided into various levels according to dog’s age and size. So, quality e-collars don’t hurt your dogs if you can properly adjust it on your dog’s neck and operate perfectly.