When do you need a shock collar for dogs? If you have a dog and you would like to teach him some basic obedience commands or eliminate unwanted behavior problems, a dog shock collar can be the best tool for you. They have three basic modes like vibration, beep, and static stimulation. As a pet proprietor, it is your legal duty to identify the exact mode, which is the best suit for your dog.
Usually, these collars come with a remote control device, helps you to adjust the stimulation level that you need to use. Sometimes, the strength of the shock may harmful to the dog’s health. The dog may get hurt and feel discouraged to wear the collar on his neck.
For that reason, we have talked with a couple of experts and gathered adequate knowledge about this collar for proper selection and use. Here, we have reviewed 10 best shock collars with their key functions to guide you for choosing the right one.
Best Shock Collar For Dog in 2023 – Reviews
1. Our Top Pick – Delupet Dog Shock Collar Review
Delupet Electric Dog Training Collar is the best solution for dog owners who want to control their dog’s bad behaviors and teach the right commands. This brand features 3 safe training modes beep, vibration, and shock which are too much effective and fair for dog training.
You can carry out the remote for all indoor and outdoor uses while the security keypad lock significantly prevents all accidental pushes. It allows 1600 feet range so that your furry friends get enough space to accomplish their regular exercise, playing, or other outdoor activities.
This shock collar has wide memory function which helps to train 4 dogs simultaneously without resetting. The clear digital screen also helps to easily operate the shock collar during day and night. The waterproof collar is suitable for using in the rain or around a pool. The available collar strap is fully adjusted and suitable to fit dogs over 10 pounds with 8-24 inches’ neck size.
The quick charging battery takes only 2 hours to get fully charged and last up to 35 – 45 days. You can charge the battery by the phone adapter but must ensure the power is less than 5V1A. Finally, our deep analysis implies that it is an efficient and high quality dog shock collar provides you more control and more effective training experience on your dogs.
- Very effective for training dogs
- Helps to eliminate bad behaviors
- Reliable to manage your dog without the leash
- Control your dog from 1600 feet range
- Rechargeable and replaceable batteries
- Perfect to train 4 dogs simultaneously
- Shouldn’t charge with the adapter whose power is more than 5V1A
2. Our Runner Up – Petsafe Rechargeable Dog Training Collar
Petsafe Dog Training Collar is the best solution for dog owners who want to control their dog’s bad behaviors and teach the right commands. This brand is designed with advanced static signal technology, which is too much effective and fair for dog training.
It is enough flexible to use at both indoor and outdoor training. You can control your dog from 800 yards away through this collar with a beeper or static buttons. Pet proprietors also love its extraordinary features like the beep-only option, eight levels of rectification and rechargeable battery.
The PetSafe allows multiple dogs to train at the same time from the same remote. The 8 levels of static stimulation help to teach your dog all basic commands and correct behavior. This lightweight collar easily fit for any dogs and they feel comfortable to wear it. Moreover, this collar also permits to train your dog with a minor shock on level one-three rather than a powerful or serious shock.
The waterproof feature works all of your dog’s outdoor activities and even under 25 feet of water. Both the remote and collar recharge with the same rechargeable battery and there is no additional batteries need to buy separately. Finally, our deep analysis implies that it is a little more costly than other electronic collars, but provides you more control and more effective training experience on your dogs.
- Very effective for training dogs
- Helps to eliminate unwanted behaviors
- Reliable to manage your dog without the leash
- Control your dog from 800 feet range
- The durable waterproof collar works even under25 feet of water
- Rechargeable and replaceable batteries
- Good for dogs of all sizes
- We did not find any prior inconvenience
3. Best Budget – Slopehill Electronic Dog Shock Collar Review
The Slopehill Electronic dog shock collar is the perfect solution to improve your dog’s negative behavior like chasing, barking, biting, or digging. This shock collar features 7 training modes including beep, vibration, different shock level, shock locked, light, and keypad lock modes.
This safe dog training collar is most effective to teach your dog all basic obedience commands like sit, stay, come, follow etc. The available different shock levels help to adjust the perfect static level which becomes comfortable for your furry friends. To stop any misoperation and ensure optimum safety on the remote, you can use the keypad lock mode.
Since this Slopehill dog collar has no minimum range, so you can use this in the indoor training session to control unwanted jumping, extreme barking, or furniture climbing. The length is 6 to 26 inches and suitable for dogs those are from 8 to 140 pounds.
The collar receiver is totally waterproof, and allow your dogs to wear in the rain, swimming pool, and snowy weather. Finally, The Slopehill brand is designed for heat, cold, snow, mud, dust or wind and that’s why the brand is the most popular and recognized training collar in the electronic tracking categories.
- Waterproof dog shock collar features 7 modes
- 100% waterproof collar receiver
- Adjustable collar strap helps to fit properly
- Low shock level is (0~50) and high shock level is (51~99)
- Perfect solution for dog’s training needs
- Not recommended for dogs those are less than 8 pounds
4. Best Dog Electric Training Collar – Bousnic Review
The Bousnic dog training collar is ideal to help people who want to modify their dog’s bad manners with a user-friendly device. This simple and effective electric shock collar is designed with 3 efficient modes such as beep, vibration, and shock.
The safe shock mode generates 1-16 levels of adjustable harmless shock to teach your dog well behavior. This collar also allows an almost 1000ft range to control your dog in the backyard, beach, park or everywhere else. The dual-channel remote supports training 2 dogs simultaneously.
This rechargeable collar comes with built-in lithium battery. You can charge the battery in a convenient way through your phone adapter. The waterproof collar receiver ensures maximum flexibility during all types of outdoor activities.
The Bousnic collar is suitable for dogs of all sizes. The collar receiver is the mini size which is also thin and lightweight. The ergonomically designed remote is easy to hold and regulate for users. After all, this training collar is highly efficient, user-friendly, and comfortable for small to large dogs.
- Comes with 3 training modes beep, vibration, and shock
- Fits dogs up to 8 to 120 pounds
- The remote control can cover up to 1000ft of range
- Suitable for 6-26 inches dog’s neck size
- The water-resistant and rechargeable collar receiver
5. Best Waterproof Dog Shock Collar – Petrainer Pet998dbb1
It is one of the Best Waterproof Dog Shock Training Collars for beginners designed with all versatile options like waterproof construction, adjustable settings, various training modes, stimulation, vibration, beep, and light.
Petrainer Pet998dbb1 is specially crafted with two waterproof receivers, those allow new dogs to provide basic training from the remote area. Basically, it is useful for dog obedience, controlling barking, hunting, digging, aggressive jumping, bolting and so on. The remote transmitter can control up to two dogs with double collar receivers.
This collar is designed to fit for large, medium, and small dogs. It also contains a rechargeable lithium battery to charge both the remote transmitter and collar receiver at the same time. Additionally, the power saving design with automatic standby and memory function have given it a new dimension.
It contains 0-100 levels of static stimulation with a standard beep mode to warn and makes a proper signal that completely works for your dog. The RF434Mhz technology allows the range up to 900 feet helps to train easily in the park or backyard.
The light mode feature helps to observe your dogs in low light conditions. After all, it is simple to operate, more convenient to read all stimulation levels on the LCD screen and easy to understand its interface.
- Helps to reduce barking, hunting, jumping and so on
- Waterproof receiver and rainproof remote transmitter
- Three training modes (beep, vibration, and static stimulation)
- The technology can cover up to 330 yards
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Ranging from 14-25 inches
- Suitable for all size dogs small, medium and large dogs
- Sometimes it stopped working before the expiry
6. Best Rechargeable Dog Shock Collar – Dog Care
This Rechargeable Collar crafted with better technology to ensure better communication. There are three effective and safe training modes come with this collar to adapt your dog with some basic obedience commands and eliminate all destructive behavioral problems.
From these three training modes including beep, vibration, and static shock initially, you are recommended to try with beep or vibration mode. If the dog doesn’t respond properly by these two modes, then you can apply static shocks from very low stimulation level.
You can especially trust because there is no more accidental shock would happen through this collar to your dog. This reliable training tool offers 0-99 adjustable static level so that you can fine-tune this device with the best level.
A security keypad lock attached to the remote which helps to prevent any miss operation of this collar and allows you to carry it without any fear of accidental shock.
This can cover up to 330 yards of remote range and allows your dogs in a flexible indoor and boundless outdoor training session. Even this collar can supports 9 dogs at a time by only 1 remote transmitter. So, if you have more than 2 dogs, this would be the perfect option for you.
The collar receiver is 100% waterproof allows you to bring your dog at sea beach, park, rain and even in the swimming pool. It is also easy to charge the training set with any USB charger. If it is necessary to charge this device during an outdoor training session, you just plugin it to the power bank, phone charger or laptop USB charging port.
So, always feel free to use this device anywhere you need because the both remote and receiver shows the current battery levels to alert you about the charging issue.
- Best rechargeable dog collar
- Features very efficient and safe training modes
- Supports 9 dogs to train by 1 remote transmitter
- Never hurt your dog by accidental shock
- Provide 0-9 static stimulation levels
- Can cover up to 330 yards of range
- 100% waterproof collar receiver
- Adjustable for all dogs (15-100 pounds)
- Only 1-year warranty
7. Best Dog Training Shock Collar – Petrainer Pet998drb1
Petrainer’s Dog Shock Training Collar helps to regain control of your dog. It features 3 types of corrective stimulation modes including shock, vibration, and beep to correct your overwhelming dog’s behavior problems. This adjustable device fit for all size dogs small, medium, or large size and ranging from 14-25 inches.
It is very inexpensive helps to control your dog’s walking, sitting, barking, aggression, and other behavioral obedience. It allows you to fine-tune 0-100 levels of static stimulation in vibration or standard tone mode.
This training collar can cover up to 330 yards, helps you to easily train your dog in the park or a free place. The nylon strap also helps to protect your dog’s skin.
- It is designed with RF434Mhz
- Provides 0-100 levels of shock stimulation
- Rechargeable collar receiver and transmitter
- Totally waterproof
- 5 years replacement warranty
- Recommended for dogs have a minimum 15 pounds weighing capacity
8. Best Shock Collar for Medium Dogs – Petronics
The Petronics shock collar is the best for medium dogs designed with 4 different functional modes includes vibration, light, beep and static shock. It is extremely effective and easy to use considered as the perfect training tool for pet owners who are looking to establish themselves new in dog training. It can instantly synchronize the transmitter with the receiver for better fine-tuning.
It helps you to improve your dog’s disobedient behavior like excessive barking, walking, sitting, leash training, and similar others. There are 100 different levels of static shock and vibration allows range up to 330 yards which making it very effective for free training. After all the simplistic design makes it easy to use and stress-free for dogs.
- Allows 330 yards of maximum effective range
- Available 100 stimulation level with static shock
- Rechargeable lithium battery for both transmitter and receiver
- Provides power saving facilities
- Safe training system with auto-protect mode
- 5 years replacement or refund guaranty
9. Best Shock Collars for Hunting Dogs – Pettech Pt0z1 Premium
PetTech is an ultimate premium shock collar best for hunting dogs and it is immensely popular to refine dog’s walking, sitting, barking, aggression, and other behavioral obedience. It ensures a customizable training experience to both new and expert pet trainers.
There are four training modes including beep, light, vibration, and shock come with this collar where the shock and vibration mode can customize 1-100 levels so that your dog can do the best response. Like others this Pet Tech complete training collar is also waterproof and has an improved 1200 feet range.
Otherwise, this hunting collar can cover a wonderful range of 400 yards and sometimes it can reach up to 500 yards. The long-lasting lithium-ion battery offers auto power-protect mode helps to save the battery life when no longer in use. Used straps are totally adjustable to ensure the snug fitting and the LCD with blue backlighting help for improved visibility both at day and night.
- Best for hunting dogs
- Helpful for positive behavioral training
- Come with both the Static Stimulation and Vibration
- 4 different training modes are light, tone, vibration, and static
- Waterproof and rechargeable receiver and transmitter
- Lifetime replacement guarantee
10. Best Remote Training Collars for Dogs – Petrainer Pet998dbb2
The Petrainer Training Collar has three training modes including static stimulation, vibration, and standard tone modes for Dogs Small, Medium, Large. It is useful to control barking, aggressive chewing, and train up other behavioral obedience of your dog. It is simple in design, easy to understand, and spend comparatively less time to learn the operating techniques.
Petrainer Waterproof Collar features the RF434Mhz technology which allows the range up to 330 yards to train easily in the backyard or park. The accumulated transmitter and receiver can be charged at a time to help your dog during the training period with no interruption. The built-in standard beep mode, 100 levels of vibrate and shock stimulations are helpful for new users to operate this collar.
- Features 0-100 Levels of static stimulation & vibration
- Allows 1000 feet remote range
- Waterproof and rechargeable receiver
- Adjustable collar size is 6 to 25 inches
- Recommended for dogs can balance at least 15 pounds
What Is a Dog Shock Collar?
Dog shock collars are also known as electric collars or e-collars that apply static shocks to the dog’s neck by pressing the button on the transmitter unit. There is some model including vibration or tone as the alternative of the shock. You can maintain the different intensity levels based on your dog’s attitude but, always should start from the lowest level.
To work with this collar, at first tie it at the dog’s neck and adjust properly. Then, hold the remote transmitter and generate a mild shock to the dog when it requires. Beep or vibration mode is enough for some dogs to control bad behavior but some are loyal to apply stimulation for their aggressiveness.
So, before using this system be careful about your dog’s size, age, and behavior. For maximum efficiency keep the training session short, not more than 10 to 15 minutes.
What is it Used for?
Commonly these are used as a training tool to guide the dog from uncontrolled behavior. It works by generating a beep, vibration, or shock according to the level of the negative behavior.
The intensity level of the shock is considerable regarding your dog’s size, weight, capacity, and similar others. It is only applied to seek your dog’s attention, but not to punish them. When the dog starts to behave nicely, you can reduce the intensity level of the collar and in one stage you can stop it entirely.
How Does Shock Collars Guide Your Pet?
You can use this collar in various ways to train up dogs including:
- It is used as a perimeter tool around the designated area for the dog.
- It is used as a barking deterrent to reduce extreme barking from the dog.
- It is used as an effective tool to eliminate bad behaviors like aggression, destructive chewing, jumping up on a new face, unnecessary digging, and chasing cars.
- It also used as a hunting training tool for your dog.
These all are the unique feature of this individual collar and you should use this based on your dog’s current behavior.
How Exactly Do Shock Collars Function?
Mainly, these collars are used from the year 1960 to train up especially hunting dogs. At present, these are used to check an assortment of persistent and ineligible manners of family dogs. They also help to reduce excessive barking and teach them to stay secure inside a protected area and stay with their owners without using any leash.
The purpose of using this device is not giving punishment to your dog. Moreover, it helps to change the negative or risky attitude of a dog. The philosophy is that your dog will co-operate the undesirable habit with a painful shock and abstain from doing it until further reminders.
The shock regulated by an appropriate device to apply the exact intensity of shock regarding your dog’s age and size. Otherwise, it may cause permanent physical damage to your dog. Most collars have several levels of implementation, so you can tune the accurate level before applying.
For instance, many shock collars generate a vibration or beep as a caution before a real shock conveyed to your dog. The beep also permits you to give a verbal command with the vibration or beep to further shatter the undesirable manner. In case of boundary training, it is activated by wires set under the surface of the area along with the property line so that the puppy realizes exactly how far it should move before they reach the borderline.
When the collar ready at shock mode, there are normally changing levels of force conveyed by a two-dimensional gadget connected to it. In case you’re conducting a collar as a barking obstruction, it returns to the vibration of your dog’s vocal cords. If you are utilizing the device to hinder behavioral issues such as jumping, food aggression or leash animosity, the remote control consents you to control the shock in connection with the undesirable activities.
Three Training Modes
- Beep: In this regard, when you press the remote, a beep is emitted as an indication. It is effective for dog training when the dog can recognize the positive or negative consequence. If you apply a sound after every good performance, your dog will wait after doing something good. Similarly, a painful shock reminds your dog of his bad manners.
- Vibration: When you activate this mode, the collar vibrates like a mobile phone or pager to seek your attention. Vibration mode also used as a marker but do not supply any shock like as beep mode.
- Shock: In this mode, Electric current is delivered from the collar at the two contact points of the dog’s neck. It may cause pain and physical discomfort for your dog.
Actually, the intensity of pain depends on the
- Duration of the shock
- Power of the electric current
- The frequency of the current
All dogs do not feel shocking pain at the same level. It depends on the size, age or skin temperament of the dog. In this case, some dogs are so sensitive to receive the shock.
Electric Collars vs. Shock Collars
As a dog trainer or dog owner, you’re likely wondering about the difference between an e-collar and a shock collar. What are the basic principles of these two? Which mechanism do they follow? Are they safe to use on dogs? There are so many questions dog owners keep asking themselves when facing severe problems to distinguish these two collars.
There is a technical difference between these two collars. Basically, electronic collars come in the early stage of 1970 and feature an application of the philosophy of shock treatment to control the dog’s behavior. They generated shocks with electric current and from then people start calling them Shock Collar.
Nowadays, electronic stimulations are used in electric collars instead of electronic shock. This method simply stimulates nerves rather than shocking your dogs. As a result, dogs do not get any pain to use collars and feel encouraged to train themselves.
So, though it has a controversy between “Electronic collar” and “Shock Collar”, but in truth, there isn’t really any debate among them. The shock collar is simply a back-dated term that indicates the modern technique of using electricity in a collar.
Different Types of Shock Collars
Basically, there are three types of dog shock collars feature a basic shock mechanism with varying intensities to control your dog’s aggressive behaviors.
- Training Collar: These are come with a receiver and handheld transmitter, primarily used in the basic training sessions to modify your dog’s common behavior. Basically, they send static stimulation in the form of shock, vibration, and beep which significantly helps to eliminate overall ill manners of your pooches within a certain time period. Additionally, training collars provide 1000 feet to 500 yards ample coverage for optimum control.
- Invisible Boundary Collar: These act as an invisible barrier to protect your dog from leaving the yard or pre-determined boundary area. When your dog reaches the boundary line, the signal sends a message to the receiver on your dog’s collar for emitting a harmless shock or vibration. If your pet ignores the signal and goes forward, then a static stimulus will be generated to stop him.
- Bark Controlling Collar: Barking is the common way of dogs for communicating with their proprietors. Anti-barking dog collars are specially designed to reduce excessive dog barking without hurting them. They are automatically activated by the dog’s barking and send electric stimulation without requiring the presence of dog owners. You will be glad to know that, anti-bark collar effectively stops excessive barking by applying harmless shocks.
Important Features to Consider Dog Shock Collars
There are some basic considerations you should follow before buying a quality shock collar for your dog. In this case, the first thing is actually your dog with its own size, breed, age, neck diameter and other similar things. With them, here we have discussed some other factors including:
There are several signaling modes are available like light, tone, or vibration, but primarily you should apply light mode before other stimulation. The basic development always begins with training modes and these are safe for dogs. You can fine-tune every stimulation mode into different levels to develop your dog’s behavior. So, it is important to observe a device which provides a maximum number of stimulus.
Nowadays, the shock technology offers to customize the intensity level when delivering stimulations regarding your dog’s level. It may have more than 100 various levels of intensity into the collar and you have to discover the appropriate level which is suitable for the dog. Always remember, at the beginning of the training sessions it should start with the minimum intensity level and then increase gradually.
The range is another special factor, which is highly recommended when comes to train working dogs or hunting dogs. A remote collar helps you to control your pet over the large range of area. Higher ranges collars are suitable for outdoor using where lower ranges are best suited for home training. Actually, it depends on the location where you are staying and trying to control your dog.
Typically, quality collars come with all user-friendly controls to make it easy operating for new users. A pet owner who is completely new to use this device badly needs a user manual to get the proper guidance. In the user manual, it is clearly marked up all additional settings and controls to regulate without confusion. Wrong intensive signals may seriously hurt your pooch, so you should always adjust the intensity level sincerely.
Ease & Comfort
It is also vital to choose a actual size for proper adjustment and ensuring highest comfort. If you have two breeds, one is large and another is small and you want to use the same collar for both two then, it may not be fitted properly. The used materials that the collar is made also considerable for feeling comfort. Such as, synthetic materials are not soft enough to touch and may cause of chaffing.
It is another interesting handy feature you should consider if the pooch loves the water or playing in puddles. There are some collars are available in the market that are fully waterproof and allow your dogs to play in the water, rain, or ice surface. Few models are considered to submersible up to 25 feet deep.
Models of shock collars with rechargeable batteries can be a bit costly, but allow you to use hundreds or even thousands of times. Others have non- rechargeable batteries quickly lose capacity and required to replace frequently. That’s why professional dog trainers prefer rechargeable batteries to use a long period of time.
Though quality collars are a bit expensive, but ensure safer shocks to your dog. The regular price range is approximately $25 to $350. Of course, an expensive collar unit has the ability to fine-tune the signal and retains a large number of varying stimulations.
Advantages of Shock Collars
- Flexible: Most up-to-date devices provide adaptability of a warning beep or vibration, and flexible settings on the levels of shock, which can be encouraged to dog owners who are on the fence about utilizing a shock collar. Other collars, like shower collars, regulate an innocuous but bad smelling blast up a dog’s nose, are commonly not adaptable.
- Safe: Some dog owners notice that this system just apply a couple of shocks to precise an undesirable attitude in their pooches. And after that, only beep and vibration warning work enough to control them. It can exceptionally help to convince your dog’s behavior and save them when they are being fitted to move independently.
- Freedom: Shock collars help to control incessant dog barking even you are not at home. It is also useful if your neighbors complain about your dog’s nonstop barking when you stay out. In absence of you, it can protest your dog from loud barking. Similarly, it works as boundary control, though they require some practical training. Obviously, we don’t suggest leaving your puppy at outside lonely for long periods of time with a collar device.
- Budget-Friendly: These are comparatively less expensive and considered as the best substitute to pet proprietors. According to different features including shock level, covered area, and quality construction, the manufacturer sets the standard price range in between $25 to $250. However, shock collars for small dogs should not cost cheaper.
Disadvantages of Shock Collars
- The intensity of Shock: Most dog owners can’t realize the actual reason of pain to their pet. Although they have the capacity to control the strength of the shock, but they utilize aversive treatment alteration. Many puppy coaches like to pick positive support as a way of attitude building over negative reaction.
- Anxiety: Anxiety or fear of something can cause serious harm to a dog. Due to shock training, a dog may learn to fear individual, objects, situations, or anything which is related to the collar. One dog proprietor reviewed that, “their dog rejected to run outside after training with the invisible fence.” Finally, they began urinating inside the house instead of going to the back door. So, you should never train your dog with fear.
- Misuse: An absence of you when a shock is administered through the device to control your dog, it may deliver intensive unintentional repeated shocks. This unnecessary shock may confuse your dog to follow proper instruction. Even in this guide, your dog can show misbehave to their proprietors when unable to endure intensive shocks.
- Negative Reaction: A Shock collar doesn’t enforce your dog for good behavior with progressive recompenses like your affection, verbal endorsement or a yummy treat. So, while the collar may adequately discourage negative practices like jumping on guests or destroying home furniture, it does not compensate helpful behavior like as sitting patiently or obeying basic “commands.” So, at any training, you should emphasize positive conduct with a reward of love, recess or a little treat.
There are more than 78 million households in the U.S. shows their unconditional love and affection to their dogs. From the beginning, the dog proves itself as the best friend to his owner by unfeigned faith and love.
As a dog owner, you should supervise your dog within a proper and efficient training method, so that it can sincere about good or bad manner. A shock collar can be the best tool for dog training but, you should not abuse it only for the lacking of proper knowledge of it.
Dog proprietors should apply beep and tone mode primarily and then shock mode if it is required absolutely. The positive behavior of your dog keeps his life safe and helps to conduct a good relationship with the owner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does shock collar helpful for the aggressive dog?
Yes, it definitely helps to change the behavior of an aggressive dog. If your dog becomes overly aggressive, you can apply a certain level of stimulation until it shows a positive response. Don’t use this technology to get revenge.
Do shock collars effective for barking dogs?
Sometimes, few dog trainers recommend anti-bark collars by identifying when the dog barks and then stimulate an electric shock as a simple punishment to stop unnecessary barking.
Due to my long-term experience, a shock collar is one of the most successful and essential tools to reduce barking your dog permanently. It does not hurt or stress your dog, but helps to develop all good habits eternally.
Are dog shock collars safe to use?
As a controversial training tool, shock collars preferred by most professional trainers to suppress the unwanted behavior of your dog. It generates a beep or some sorts of warning before sending shocks. After using this, it is not shown any higher level of stress on the dog’s body that you can hurt in mind.
Shocks being administered such a safe way that reinforces your dog’s positive behavior and build an excellent relationship between both of you. The ultimate purpose of using this device to keep your dog safe in everywhere. An experimental research has shown that there are 75% of owners feel confident to use this tool for safety. So, it is also your responsibility to operate the collar perfectly.
Is there any bad effect to use shock collar?
The real purpose of using a shock collar is eliminating all unwanted behavior through a comfortable training method. There are no dog proprietors want to hurt their pooch directly, but they desire to adapt their behavior to a standard level.
Many owners like to use this device for their dog to stop aggressive barking or chewing behavior. Some dogs show a positive response after a couple of shocking experiences.
Most of the time, perfect tuning of stimulation level can save your dog from harmful shock. So, before applying signals you should clearly observe your dog’s overall motion of attitude. Sometimes, beep or vibration mode performs effectively to get good behavior from the pooch.
Are shock collars bad for dogs?
As a training tool it helps to develop your dog’s good habits and overall behavior. These collars are also used with pet containment systems through a designated boundary.
Only the pet trainer has the right to apply a shock from a certain distance through a remote control. This device saves your dog’s life from coincidence or misfortune at outdoor activities. So, these are legal when it is used by an authorized person.
Does shock collar hurt dogs?
It’s a common question from dog owners. Actually, the stimulation levels of modern dog collars are safe, secure, benevolent and effective until it is less than 5 pounds. After successfully accomplishing electronic collar training your dog will be more obedient, grow more confidence level and happiness to behave its owner.
From what age of the dog it should use a shock collar?
Actually, it depends on the behavior of each dog. If the dog shows aggressiveness in barking, running, chewing or similar behavior, you can use it around the dog’s neck when it is 8-10 weeks old. As a training tool, it helps your dog to practice all good manners and sometimes, it saves its life from danger.
What is the best set of shock collar for my dog?
According to an experienced trainer’s opinion, it is the rule of thumb that, always you should start the lowest setting with your dog. If the setting is too high, your dog will show any behavior of physical pain or suffering. On the other hand, the right setting will respond to the cheerful posture of the head and neck.
How do I will fine-tune a shock collar for my dog?
As a rule of thumb, you should start from the lowest stimulation level. A very good response from your dog relates the perfect tuning of the collar. Moreover, any physical distress indicates the setting is too high.
How much tightly it should fit the collar around the neck of my dog?
For consistent stimulation, it is necessary to fit the receiver snugly on your dog’s neck. If you do not get the proper response then before trying a higher setting, make sure the contact point of the collar in place. You should make it loose if the dog seems to feel enough comfort.
What is the price range of shock collars for the dog?
Actually, the price range of such devices differs for their various features and quality. Initially, you can try within $30 to $40. To gain better accessibility options in it, you should make a budget near about $200 because; those are made by world-famous“PetSafe” or “SportDog” brand.
How much are shock collars for dogs?
You can find it as the cheaper alternative of an invisible dog fence. According to adjustable warning levels, remote control, and range of distance, the cost may differ. But, $30 to $250 is the ideal price range.
Do shock collars work on dogs?
Definitely these work best to train dogs to stay in a certain range of area. These are also effective to provide pets some basic training and control aggressive behavior.