Worms are parasites and your dog may the victim of various internal parasites from the beginning of its life. Generally, there are five types of worms hookworms, heartworms, whipworms, tapeworms and roundworms. Your dog will show different signs based on the worms he has. So, it is vital to recognize the symptom before applying the best dog dewormer.
Dewormers for dogs come in different forms like tablets, liquid and powder form as well. Everyone should follow their vet’s suggestion before choosing any dog dewormer. Here is a list of all top dog dewormers recommended by vets and all dog owners who have used them in the past.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Top 10 Best Dewormer for Dogs 2018 – Comparisons
- 2 10 Best Dog Dewormers in 2018 – Reviews
- 2.1 1. 8in1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer for Large Dogs
- 2.2 2. Panacur C Canine Dewormer
- 2.3 3. Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer Dog Weeks Older
- 2.4 4. Nemex-2 Wormer
- 2.5 5. Sentry HC WormX DS Dog Dewromer for Dogs
- 2.6 6. Durvet 2x LIquid Wormer for Puppies and Adult Dogs
- 2.7 7. Quad Dewormer for Large Dogs Chewable Tablets
- 2.8 8. Excel Dog Roundworm De-Wormer
- 2.9 9. 8in1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer for Dogs
- 2.10 10. Sentry HC WormX Plus Dog Dewormer
- 3 Some Common Symptoms Worms in Dogs
- 4 Things to Consider Before Buying Dog Dewormers
- 5 Different Types of Worms
- 6 Final Verdict:
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Sources:
Top 10 Best Dewormer for Dogs 2018 – Comparisons
|Product's Name||Brand||Latest Price|
|8in1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer for Large Dogs||Excel|
|Panacur C Canine Dewormer||Panacur|
|Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer Dog Weeks Older||Bayer Animal Health|
|Sentry HC WormX DS Dog Dewromer for Dogs||SENTRY Pet Care|
|Durvet 2x LIquid Wormer for Puppies and Adult Dogs||Durvet|
|Quad Dewormer for Large Dogs Chewable Tablets||Bayer Animal Health|
|Excel Dog Roundworm De-Wormer||Excel|
|8in1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer for Dogs||Excel|
|Sentry HC WormX Plus Dog Dewormer||SENTRY Pet Care|
10 Best Dog Dewormers in 2018 – Reviews
1. 8in1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer for Large Dogs
A recent study has revealed that millions of dogs are verminous with a variety worms each year. Safe-Guard dog dewormer provide an easy and quick deworming solution that can control more worms than any other worming product. Safeguard dewormer kill and prevents Tapeworms, Roundworms, Whipworms, and Hookworms.
Nowadays, worms in dogs is the most common problem and dog owners are busy to find out one of the dog dewormer outfits to remove annoying parasites as quick as possible. Whatever the worm type your dog is infected with, there are some general symptoms like:
- Dry hair
- Weight loss
So, Canine dewormer arises in various forms like tablets, powder and liquid forms as well. A healthy and effective safeguard dewormer for dogs is really just a matter of presence.
8 in 1 dewormer is the No. 1 dewormer for dogs works fast for just one dose. This safeguard dewormer is easy to feed by mixing into food and it is the ultimate and safe dewormer for puppies over 6 weeks, heat worm infects digs and female dogs. Every package holds three 4-grams pouches where each pouch treats 40 pounds.
There are also available Canine dewormers for large dogs those works effectively on four common types of worms. You can mix this dewormer with your pet’s food and treat your dog with this product to get an effective result.
8-in-1 Safe-Guard is easily digested by your dog
Works on tapeworms, hookworm, whipworms
Special for heartworm and roundworms
Safe and suitable for dogs over 6 weeks
Might not appropriate for tapeworm larva
Check Current Price on Amazon
2. Panacur C Canine Dewormer
Panacur Dog Dewormer is recognized as fenbendazole, suggested by the vet to do the treatment of all types of harmful worms in dogs. Panacur deworming helps to treat roundworms, tapeworms, hookworms, and whipworms in dogs. Veterinarians also recommend this Panacur for dogs to remove other parasites permanently.
It is available in powder form and comes in 4 gram, 2gram, and 1gram packets. You should choose the packet size regarding the recommended dosage. You can mix this Panacur c canine dewormer with your dog’s daily meal based on your dog’s weight.
The recommended dose of Panacur Dewormer is 1 Gm per 10-pound weight. So you need few packets if you have large dog breeds and these are bit expensive to treat your pet for three days. Though this package of Panacur wormer is exclusive but works adequately.
You can use this Panacur Wormer without any prescription but it has no confrontational effects and it can easily control tapeworms. It can also remove heartworms and help the weak immune system.
The ideal time to use this wormer is summer hits. If you can provide the formation of chewable tablets then your dog will get instant energy. It is a simple and stress-free dewormer to collect on a budget.
Works on various types of worms
Dog loves to eat with regular food
Also suitable for pregnant dogs
Recommended by vets
The taste is not all right for all dogs
Check Current Price on Amazon
3. Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer Dog Weeks Older
Tapeworm dewormer helps to remove some common tapeworms very easily from your dog’s body. Tapeworms can be spread if your dog unintentionally eats fleas or moth or bite their own hair and when they lick skin to get the release from itching.
Bayer tapeworm medicine for dogs is a great provision recommended by veterinarians to remove tapeworms. The active ingredient is praziquantel for dogs which included 34 milligrams with each tablet and each box contain 5 individual tablets. These chewable tablets may be taken by mouth or mix with food and it can be used on both adult and puppies.
Dog owners recommend that tapeworm deworming is easy to administer if anyone follows the packaging outlines based on the dog’s body weight. All steps should follow to control fleas in order to stop reinfection.
To feed this tapeworm medicine you can conceal small peals in treats if your dog is not interested to eat them separately. You should only use these tapeworm meds to get rid your dog from its intestinal parasite issue. Finally, you can consult with your veterinarian for proper diagnosis and treatment to control parasitism. Always keep this dewormer away from children.
Useful to remove tapeworm
Able to control various parasites
Highly recommended by vets
The shape is like a small pill
Only works again tapeworms
Check Current Price on Amazon
4. Nemex-2 Wormer
Nemex 2 is the best liquid dewormer for dogs which helps to remove especially large roundworms and hookworms from dog’s body. It also works very well for dogs which have fleas and ringworms but comparatively less suitable for small tapeworms or roundworms.
Actually, the dewormer works great for dogs and puppies as well as cats. A proper use of this safe and effective product makes your dog safe and healthy. If you are searching for a competent puppy wormer then Nemex 2 is a good pick.
Finally, Nemex wormer is an easy, effective and best price dog wormer for dog owners based on a budget. It is completely affordable to buy if your dog has worms. The active elements used is pyrantel pamoate that you can confident that it similar to prescription wormers out there.
Liquid form makes it easy and effective to administer
Great for pets who have distaste for tablet
Suitable for pregnant dogs
Not appropriate for puppies
Check Current Price on Amazon
5. Sentry HC WormX DS Dog Dewromer for Dogs
When you feel trouble to feed your dog dewormers because your dog runs away after simply tasting them then Sentry HC Wormx is what you need. It is a liquid wormer for dogs great to remove hookworms or roundworms.
Sentry liquid dog wormer can treat your dog weighing up to 120 pounds. It is appropriate for puppies, adult and even for pregnant dogs. Especially this liquid dog dewormer remove worms and helps to keep them away from dog’s body.
The bottle of this dewormer contains 2 fluid ounces and you should administer one teaspoon for each dog which has 10 pounds of weight. It has not many more extra instruction on the label of the package and you can consult with your veterinarian to make a special dose for your pet.
Most of the pet proprietor noticed that sentry worm x ds dog wormer is very delicious and generally dogs like to have it without mixing with other food or special dog treat. Sometimes when it is needed to ingest your dog’s body then you can mix with dinner. Though there is no specific administration for re-administering into your dog, that is why you should checking with your vet before providing any special dose.
It is a large treat for puppies, dogs, and pregnant dogs
Dewormer is liquid, and it is easy to feed
Don’t need to mix with food
No appropriate instruction available at label
Check Current Price on Amazon
- Durvet Triple Wormer for Medium and Large Dogs
- Helps to eliminate both large roundworms and hookworms
- Tasty flavor that dog loves to eat
- Liquid dewormer for dogs and it is easy to administer
- liquid wormer for puppies helps to Prevents reinfestation
- Take care of your dog’s dewormer problem within a few days
- Quad Dewormer is Chewable Tablets for Dogs
- Helps to eliminate common hookworms, tapeworms, and roundworms
- Quad dewormer keeps your dog parasite free
- It is ideal for large dogs and easy to administer
- Appropriate for large dogs are more than 45pounds
- It is safe to remove roundworms from your dog’s intestinal tract
- Roundworm Dewormer is available in a 4-ounce bottle
- Best for large worms known as toxascaris leonine
- It is to feed mix with food and works fast on your dog’s body
- Your dog can enjoy the test and flavor of Roundworm Dewormer
- One of the most effective and safest canine dewormer
- Ensure a sensible solution against Tapeworms, Hookworms, Roundworms, and Whipworms
- Helps to keep safe infected dogs, pregnant dogs, and puppies over 6 weeks
- An active ingredient is the “fenbendazole”
- It should be dewormed at least twice each year a dog is more than 6 months of age
- Ideal for small dogs
- Recommended for dogs are at least 6 pounds in weight
- Effective for 7 different species of worms except for whipworms
- Comes with pyrantel and praziquantel as active ingredients
- Chewable tablet formulation making it easy to administer
Some Common Symptoms Worms in Dogs
Puppy worms are always very dangerous and it is needed to take the quickstep for proper cure. As the puppy is more likely to be affected by various worms, so you should keep an eye on possible symptoms due to seek proper treatment.
A common symptom of puppy worm is bad breath with the distorted and bloated stomach. After all, the injured breed does not develop similar to other dog breeds and appear to be weaker day by day. Some other noticeable symptoms of puppy worms are:
- Limp coat and skin: A shiny and thick coat carry the sign of a healthy and happy dog. So, when you notice that the dog’s coat begins to dull and losing hair regularly, definitely it carried out a form of worms. Sometimes dry coat and rashes also may denote worms.
- Weakness: Sometimes intestinal tapeworms feed off your dog’s nutrition and the dog fall into nutritional shortage could be the vital cause of weakness. So, a lethargic dog may carry the symptoms of having worms.
- Weight loss: One of the other vital symptom, if you observe the dog shows signs of rapid weight loss indicate the existence of tapeworm or whipworm. In this situation, you should make a quick appointment with your vet to release this problem.
- Eating more food: At the same time, the intestinal tapeworms feed the same food that the dog eats. In this situation, it becomes hungrier to feed regular diet and wants to take extra food.
- Coughing: It is the symptom you may observe in the advanced stage when a dog affected by heartworms. Dogs are suffered by roundworms and hookworms are also cause of coughing.
- Diarrhea: It is another vital symptom occurred by different things like simple change in diet, serious health infection including tapeworms or illness. It can happen in short in duration or last for weeks to the month. But if it sustains more than a day may lead to dehydration or a serious disease and should call your vet for the good checkup.
- Visible worms in coat: There are some worms like tapeworms moves on the fur, faces or area around dog’s anus. Sometimes roundworms may also be seen in dog’s stools and you should meet with your vet immediately.
Lackings of appropriate puppy dewormer or quick treatment lead your puppy may worsen. Some other simple symptoms are anemia, seizures, and paralysis. These are very risky and make your puppy incurable. So, if you can realize any disabilities or irregularities in your puppy, you should consult with the veterinarian immediately to take the right step.
Things to Consider Before Buying Dog Dewormers
Dog worms may destroy your dog’s internal organs even cause of unwanted death. So, you should always be sincere about your dog’s proper health condition with the following factors before choosing the dewormer.
Type of worms
Be sure about the worm by which your dog is infected. The common worms are tapeworms, hookworms, roundworms or whipworms and there are different symptoms for each worm. A veterinarian can tell the type of worm which is the presence in your dog’s body by observing the dog’s stool. So, you should apply the correct medicine for the particular worms regarding your vet’s suggestion.
Your dog’s age
Minimum 2 weeks of age is mandatory if you feel to provide any deworming medicine to your dog. But in case of providing a combination of pyrantel and praziquantel the required age should be at least 3 weeks. Fenbendazole is a very safe dewormer does not have any age limit can be a good option for pet owners for the purpose of general using.
The form of medicines
There is the various form of de-wormers like tablets, liquid or powder and you have to decide which one is perfect according to your dog’s behavior. The powder form gives the opportunity to mix up with regular diet and easy to feed. Sometimes it would very difficult to feed dewormers to your dog in tablet or capsule separately than liquid or powder form.
It is important to know the dog’s weight before assigning any de-wormer to protect worms. Overdosage can fall your dog in serious illness or may cause of sudden death. Most cases the recommended dose is 1gm per 10 pounds of weight. There are various de-wormers in the market effective for different worms but not eligible for the same weight of the dog. So, consult with your vet before feeding the dewormer and be sure about the amount of dose in order to dog’s weight.
Different Types of Worms
There are various intestinal worms may cause serious damage for puppy or dog’s health. Here are some common types of worms noted below with their functionalities:
An intestinal parasite flat and segmented in shape lives in dog, cat or human’s body. The most common tapeworm species includes “Dipylidium Caninum” and “Taenia Pisiformis” maintain a very unique way of getting transmitted to dog’s body. It starts by passing tapeworm eggs into your dog’s small intestine and develop into an adult. Adult tapeworms become 4 to 28 inches in length. Intestinal blockage, asymptomatic, and diarrhea are the common symptoms of tapeworm.
Hookworms are small and thin worms stuck to the intestinal wall of your pet. There are 19% of dogs are infected throughout the United States and Canada with hookworms. Hookworms are too small that always can’t be seen in the human eye. “Ancylostoma Caninum”, “Ancylostoma Braziliense”, “Uncinaria Stenocephala” are some common types of hookworms spread through mother’s milk, uterus or infected mammals. An adult female hookworm may produce more than 25000 eggs in a day. Weight loss, weakness, vomiting, and diarrhea are the common symptoms of hookworms.
The most common intestinal parasites in the world are very cunning, stay a long period of time. Usually, roundworms affect puppies less than 3 months of age and spread with dog faces containing roundworm eggs. Some roundworms can grow up to six inches long and looks like noodles. A female can hatch up to 1lac eggs per day and survive in soil for years. Toxocara Canis and Toxascaris Leonina are the two forms of roundworms and cause of stomach swelling, bloating, anemia, pale gums, diarrhea, weight loss, and itching.
These are thin and about 6mm long lives in the large intestine of an infected dog. An adult whipworm lays eggs on the intestine and it comes out with the stool of the dog. These eggs are very resistant and remain alive in the dry and hot environment up to 5 years. Whipworms are the cause of bloody stools, weight loss, weakness and general debilitation of your dog.
At the end, all of the listed dog dewormer brands can provide output for being your dog more energetic. These dewormers always make quick results to remove tapeworms, ringworms, roundworms and all harmful parasites from your dog’s body.
A proper treatment with dog dewormer can completely make your dog worm free. Using these products may save your vet bills when you follow all instructions completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How do puppies affect by worms?
Answer: Most of the worms affect puppies and begin feeding blood, nutrients, and tissues. The reproduction rate of worms is very high in dogs body and it is very tough to get rid totally. There are two main types of worms tapeworm and roundworm affect puppies.
Puppies receive worms from birth and it is known that 99% puppies born with the worm. On the other hand, puppies may affect by worms from the mammary glands when feeding milk.
Before infested heavily it is difficult to realize the existence of puppy worms. If the treatment starts at late puppies may fall in death. So, when you can observe any unusual symptoms in your dog bring them quickly to veterinarians.
Question: How to choose the dewormer for dogs?
Answer: Dog de-worming is more essential than human because your dog is not efficient to battle with parasites without our help. For choosing the dog dewormer, you should analyze the following issues:
- The quality to eliminate common parasites like tapeworms, hookworms, and roundworms
- It should work fast
- Should not have any opposing harmful effect on your dog
- You should follow your veterinarian’s recommendation
Question: How to get rid of puppy worms?
Answer: Normally, it is starting deworming of dogs when the puppy is 2 weeks of age. Deworming process is very useful to continue even there is no worms are found. As an experienced breeder, you should purchase quality deworming medications to provide your puppies.
The infection level depends on the treatment plan over your puppies. At first, you should identify the specific worm in order to provide the proper treatment. It is also essential to nursing the mother for eliminating worms as well as.
As the precaution, you can keep their feeding and living areas neat and clean. You should change used water and food plates on the regular basis. Humans also carry some types of worms from puppies body and you should take additional precautions when nursing your dog.
Question: How to deworm a dog?
Answer: With applying various dewormer you can also maintain following precautions to remove worms from your dog’s body.
- If the puppy is 2 or 3 weeks of old and affected by worms then you should take an immediate step to be dewormed your dog otherwise, they have a high chance of death.
- Keep away your dog from wild animals consumes many parasites and germs with worms.
- Clean your dog’s living area and playing yard free of garbage. These could carry harmful germ and parasites could make your dog ill.
- Have your dog in regular health check-up to ensure if it has worms or any types of common parasites.